GDT: (Oct. 7) Home Opener: Jets @ Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
PitifulGreenHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif
Only thing keeping my early season hype alive

MoneyHands95

Oct 7, 2017
Calgary
I know its still the beginning, but now I expect playoffs from them and in turn, expect to see a team that isn't consistently flat-footed.

I'm glad to see Mike Smith is starting to look in pristine shape, but now its also exposing our scapegoats. We need to show that we can keep the puck in the O-zone now that we have a (seemingly) lock down goaltender (or more than we are used to). But for right now its almost as if Jagr is one of our younger players. Pre-season/warmups are over!

Also, anyone else sort of have a feeling the passing and puck control is horrendous? Watching other teams it looks like all they're O-zone break-ins and neutral ice movement have risk-less, solid passing but every time a puck leaves a flames player stick, I'm suddenly worried that its going to bumble or turnover!

Hopefully its just early adjustments still, but for a team that I'm building expectations with, this isn't comforting...

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I feel compelled to make another overeactionary Flames suck thread that's ends up being right at the end of the season to help justify my anger towards this team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know its still the beginning, but now I expect playoffs from them and in turn, expect to see a team that isn't consistently flat-footed.

I'm glad to see Mike Smith is starting to look in pristine shape, but now its also exposing our scapegoats. We need to show that we can keep the puck in the O-zone now that we have a (seemingly) lock down goaltender (or more than we are used to). But for right now its almost as if Jagr is one of our younger players. Pre-season/warmups are over!

Also, anyone else sort of have a feeling the passing and puck control is horrendous? Watching other teams it looks like all they're O-zone break-ins and neutral ice movement have risk-less, solid passing but every time a puck leaves a flames player stick, I'm suddenly worried that its going to bumble or turnover!

Hopefully its just early adjustments still, but for a team that I'm building expectations with, this isn't comforting...

Yes. The control with which we break out and break in was hopelessly lopsided against Edmonton. It's the most consistent hallmark of when this team loses. I think (obviously) it isn't a talent issue, but rather a matter of where people are positioned to support each other.

Also, holy dive by Petan.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
All these icings take me back to Hartley hockey

Also havent noticed Gaudreau or Monahan at all tonight

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I know Gulutzan is obsessed with shot balance, but I really think Gio/Brodie and Hamonic/Hamilton would be better pairings. I really am not sold on Hamonic/Brodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad