Observations XXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should a moderator become involved and direct this thread to true Observations, X's and O's ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
admittedly, they haven't come as often as they probably should have, but that was a good win.

and despite so many on the boards having basically given up all hope, we have gone 5-1-1 in our last 7 (and only given up 15 goals) and 9-4-1 in the last 14. Which is pretty damn good. if you are measuring quality of wins and not quantity of wins, well you probably need to step back and take a deep breath honestly.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We are tied for the WC2 spot but are in great shape- 3 games in hand on Jets and 4 on Coyotes

As mentioned earlier the Calgary game is humongous

We get a regulation win there and we will be tied for WC1 with 2 games in hand

It’s all there for the taking- we control our own destiny for sure

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This time of year playing depleted teams is never easy. Heck it wasn't that long ago we were one of those teams that people often beat but hated to play.

Young guys may not have it all put together but those guys are fighting for their dream. That's hard to fight against when you are a group that knows you should win with a team of Vets.

We tend to lose a bit of perspective with those type of teams, and I'm just as guilty as the next guy. There is a reason though you hear the ole cliche of get the 2 points and get out of town. It makes for lots of hard ugly games

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Forsberg was easily the worst player on the ice tonight and his body language looked like a pouting teenager. He's lucky he got the ice time he did and should have been benched the last half of the game tonight.

The obvious turnovers in the neutral zone and offensive zone weren't the worst of it. He lost all but one board battle to clear the Dzone that he gad the whole game. The first goal was a mixture of him and Granlund having horrible Dzone coverage.

It's time for the coach to have a talk with him and figure out how he's going to pull his head out of his ass or scratch him a game or two. I wish I had a way of pulling all of his isolated video from tonight....absolutely pathetic.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This team has been in a wild card spot based on points percentage for a while now. Keep that percentage above the teams that we're fighting for position and it all works out after 82 games and there is no hand wringing because we sit a point behind a team that played four more games so far.

A lot of games since the coaching change have been ugly ... there are still glaring issues at the individual and team levels across all areas of the game ... but in spite of those things the team is collecting points and that is what matters for getting into the post season.

20 to go.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Wonder what's going on with Fil. New girlfriend keeping him up at night?
i would guess he doesn't like the new coach but he's sucked for most of the year in terms of making the simple play. he still is 1st in points in forwards so maybe he has forgotten he needs his teammates.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I like Hynes holding the top guys accountable but the last couple of games, there's been zero chemistry on the ice from every forward line. He even broke up the Americans line that has been one of the best 5-on-5 lines in hockey all year.

That's why offensively, we're so one and done. I like the shooting mentality, but especially last night we made it pretty easy for Ottawa to defend. Lots of ones and dones. No sustained pressure.

Hynes needs to stop the line blending and try to find some chemistry between the forwards. We don't have enough of talent or chemistry in our forward group to form 4 offensive lines, that's just the way it is.

If this team wants to go anywhere this season, the top guys need to step up and do it. Not the Blackwells or Grimaldis. Hynes need to realize that, he needs to get production out of our top guys.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
You are right. Forsberg is lucky to get ice time....

Lol. Get out of here.
Well, he did only get 4 shifts in the 3rd period and the only reason he got a full 4 minutes is he extended those shifts to a minute each. So it sounds like the coaching staff agreed with what I saw.

Were you there and able to see how he acted away from the puck?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That was a snoozefest of a game but I'll take the W. It looked like they were getting dominated in the 1st (they were) but glad to see them show some spine for once and turn it completely around by the 2nd.

We've got a few more games left on this home stand and hopefully they can make them count.

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
I like Hynes holding the top guys accountable but the last couple of games, there's been zero chemistry on the ice from every forward line. He even broke up the Americans line that has been one of the best 5-on-5 lines in hockey all year.

That's why offensively, we're so one and done. I like the shooting mentality, but especially last night we made it pretty easy for Ottawa to defend. Lots of ones and dones. No sustained pressure.

Hynes needs to stop the line blending and try to find some chemistry between the forwards. We don't have enough of talent or chemistry in our forward group to form 4 offensive lines, that's just the way it is.

If this team wants to go anywhere this season, the top guys need to step up and do it. Not the Blackwells or Grimaldis. Hynes need to realize that, he needs to get production out of our top guys.
I thought Bones was sick and the last game was his first back?
So maybe Hynes just split them up to ease Bones back in.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
i would guess he doesn't like the new coach but he's sucked for most of the year in terms of making the simple play. he still is 1st in points in forwards so maybe he has forgotten he needs his teammates.
The 'special teams' coach called him out for being a hot dog on the PP, so it's obvious that one of the coaches has a problem with him. Which makes me have a problem with that nobody coach versus a player that we have watched season after season cause bloody panic for our opponents. This fan base is gonna turn on Filip? That's just crazy. The insurance salesman manager coach needs to get the f*** out.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Forsberg has 0 goals in his last 12 games and 4 goals in his last 29 games while generally looking bad in every other aspect. I'm not going to give up on Forsberg but his game has been bad. I guess the coach should just let him keep half-assing it instead of calling him out on trying to make highlight reel goals over good hockey plays?

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Funny thing about that title " hotdog". That's what they call you when you do things and it doesn't work most of the time. When it does they give you the title "elite". Those guys are named Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, and Alex Ovechkin. Guess which name isn't on that list?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Funny thing about that title " hotdog". That's what they call you when you do things and it doesn't work most of the time. When it does they give you the title "elite". Those guys are named Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, and Alex Ovechkin. Guess which name isn't on that list?
forsberg definitely isn't them but i don't think there is a guy in the league that tries more "hot dog" moves in this league and fails than our very own filip forsberg.

i am convinced we have a bunch of mental pansies in our top 6.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
forsberg definitely isn't them but i don't think there is a guy in the league that tries more "hot dog" moves in this league and fails than our very own filip forsberg.

i am convinced we have a bunch of mental pansies in our top 6.
He attracts a crowd on his entries because the teams know what many of us have seemingly forgotten-he is our primary elite scoring threat on this team. Nobody is close. And thats a shame.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
He attracts a crowd on his entries because the teams know what many of us have seemingly forgotten-he is our primary elite scoring threat on this team. Nobody is close. And thats a shame.

Forsberg just needs to forget about carrying the puck, he should be a finisher. I always thought Forsberg - Johansen - Granlund would work because Joey and Granny have always been playmakers, with the defense that Preds have, they ought to be able to work the puck around and down low while Forsberg floats around looking for an open spot a la Ovechkin, Stamkos, Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad