Observations XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Fiala had a bad turnover to set up the first goal but Saros bit on the first move and had no shot after that, he shares some of the blame.

The last goal, even though it was a 2 on one, he was cheating back to the inside and left his blocker side exposed, giving Thornton too much room to shoot.

He could have definitely played those 2 better.

I disagree on the first one. We turned the puck over and our entire team on one side of the ice leaving the man to skate whevever he wanted. Saros made a great attempt and almost saved it.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Not a chance. If he was that good that he was ready to step in for the playoffs hed be here already

The reason he's not here is cause he wanted to finish his college career, not because he isn't good enough. Nashville thought he was NHL ready last year and wanted him to turn pro, and he's only gotten better since then.

Reactions: Scoresberg

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Oh, hey, guys, what's going on?

I dunno if you know this, but there's a rumor about some hockey game they're playing in the West Valley tonight. Sure felt cold enough this morning for it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The reason he's not here is cause he wanted to finish his college career, not because he isn't good enough. Nashville thought he was NHL ready last year and wanted him to turn pro, and he's only gotten better since then.

Sez who? I'm sure Nashville wanted him to sign so they could start developing him themselves but I don't know anyone who said he was NHL ready

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Glad we built up a good point lead in the central.

tenor.gif

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
well this arvy news is crap news for us. that's probably 20-25 more games or so which means past the halfway mark. i wouldn't mind seeing smith moved up and tried there. Hartman would be my next choice, or maybe tolvanen getting the call and seeing if he can contribute.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Looks like Fiala getting a shot on the top line tonight. I wish he'd settle down with the puck and use his speed more. He has all the skills; he just needs to start playing smarter hockey.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm guessing (and I might be wrong), but with Hammy, Jarny and Watson all back in we will see a more defensively responsible game plan. I can see this continuing for awhile missing PK and Arvi. I'm also wondering if Rinne gets a few more games than intitially planned since it's basically an every other day schedule until the next B2B a month from now. A little more Rinne and a more defensive game plan may be smart instead of wondering who will step up on the different lines going forward offensively.

Or score a PP goal every now and then. That would be good.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
our offense isn't quite as productive in reality as the raw goals per game number shows. the 7 empty netters add almost .5 goals per game to our number right now.

take those away and offensively we would be at about 3.1 goals per game which would be 19th in the league right now.

True....but that would rise a little if you took the other teams ENG out too. I'd prefer to see that ENG number continue to inflate the total

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i know missing arvy for 20 plus games will cost us points. it's just a question of how many points. i could see anywhere between 5-10 personally. especially considering it might well have already possibly cost us 3 in the last two games.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Sez who? I'm sure Nashville wanted him to sign so they could start developing him themselves but I don't know anyone who said he was NHL ready

"We feel that he's ready to play pro hockey," Predators assistant general manager and director of scouting Jeff Kealty said. "That's a personal decision on his end. On our end of things, we feel that he's ready to be a pro hockey player."

okay so it looks like I misremembered the actual quote, but I still believe that by the end of this season, he'll be NHL ready. If not, I guess Weber and Hamhuis will do.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm really starting to get pissed off that the hit to Hartman was a minor. Nothing screams get rid of hits to the head like "2 minutes minor penalty illegal hit to the head".

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Should definitely be a suspension which means it won't be.

Probably just the warning if this is his first offense. If the League and PA were serious about hits to the head, the first time would be a suspension regardless of intent or result (exception of course for player who skates headfirst into opponent just to draw penalty and suspension).

This hit also reminded me of how lucky the Preds have been for quite a while in not dealing with these types of hits, it seems like we see some bad headshots every night and the Preds really haven't been involved in giving or receiving them. Hartman looked like he had been hit by a car when he was coming off the ice though, it really didn't look great, and of course with Arvy already out the timing is pretty awful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium