Observations XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
I swear the power play improved after Subban got injured. Is that just me?

In one aspect it has. Ekholm doesn't hold the puck as long as Subban does. Ekholm is quick to move the puck or to shoot- or even to occasionally walk it in.

The PP still has plenty of issues entering the zone and continues to over-pass the puck.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
In one aspect it has. Ekholm doesn't hold the puck as long as Subban does. Ekholm is quick to move the puck or to shoot- or even to occasionally walk it in.

The PP still has plenty of issues entering the zone and continues to over-pass the puck.

Often times if they could make the exact same passes, only faster, it wouldn't be overpassing, but because we have too many guys who hesitate while looking for the shot rather than the play it allows the penalty kill to position and take away options that easily could have had a good chance just moments before.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Despite the hate that Hartman gets, he is tied for 3rd on the team with 6G in 24 Games with "limited" ice time compared to some people tied with him and essentially zero PP time.

Reactions: predhead1

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
One last fun observation: What is point of dressing Rinaldo if he isn't going to get involved with stuff and police the game? I really don't understand his deployment/or lack of deployment this year. It's like he's been told not to get involved with anything.

I'd rather have Grimalid in if that's the case.

Reactions: King Weber

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I swear the power play improved after Subban got injured. Is that just me?

Yeah but It's mostly the 2nd unit that started really clicking in the last few games. The first unit scored a total of 2 goals in the 7 and half games Subban missed, so it hasn't been on fire much. Those 2 goals looked exactly like the type of goals they scored when Subban was there.

But yeah, I love Ekholm on the PP, I remember saying the same thing last year, they should put him and Subban together on the PP (when he's healthy of course). They can both pass well, and their shots create a lot of juicy rebounds. Something like

Ekholm

Johansen Forsberg Subban

Net front presence guy
(Net.) <<<< the dot represents the puck in the net :laugh:

The other team would pay close attention to Subban to prevent him from using his big one-timer, so that might open up some space for Forsberg in the slot. Johansen could move around and look for passing lanes. The guy in front of the goalie could move around too, and try to make plays with Forsberg and whoever's near them.

I would be curious to see that.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Did the sellout streak quietly come to an end? Trying to unload some tickets for Thursday and not getting any bites no matter how cheap I list them. We're out of town or would go. Anyway, took a look at Ticketmaster and there are tons regular tickets for sale in addition to resale. Don't see how in the world they would possibly move all of those non-resale by Thursday.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Did the sellout streak quietly come to an end? Trying to unload some tickets for Thursday and not getting any bites no matter how cheap I list them. We're out of town or would go. Anyway, took a look at Ticketmaster and there are tons regular tickets for sale in addition to resale. Don't see how in the world they would possibly move all of those non-resale by Thursday.

I know my golden ticket offer was only 39 dollars for upper bowl so there must be quite a few. I'm guessing if it's a manageable number the team or the Preds foundation buys them and gives them to charity to maintain the sellout streak

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

I don't know, I'm having the same problem with dec games where I'm going to be out of town.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I couldn't give mine away for Sunday night. I must've offered them free to 10 different people.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't know, I'm having the same problem with dec games where I'm going to be out of town.

I never have much success selling tickets for games that are more than a week or two in the future, unless I set the price ridiculously low. Almost every time I sell tickets it is within a day or two of the game date.

I think a lot of time the closer it gets to game date people get more serious about buying.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just looking ahead at our schedule for the next few weeks.

We have a pretty favorable one coming up. We are in the middle of a stretch of 8 out of 9 games at home, and schedule is not bad at all:

Next 15 games:
ST LOUIS WIN
@ St Louis LOSS
ANAHEIM WIN
COLORADO
ARIZONA
CHICAGO
BUFFALO
@ Vancouver
@ Calgary
OTTAWA
VANCOUVER
NEW JERSEY
@ Ottawa
@ Chicago
@ Philadelphia

Not one game against an elite team. And only 3 of the 15 games are against current playoff teams. That is pretty crazy.

Of course, there are no guarantees and no easy wins in the NHL. And the Preds quite often play down to the competition (see Arizona/Carolina).

But this stretch of schedule comes at a pretty good time with the Arvy and Subban injuries.

Hopefully we can take advantage of it.

Revisiting this- we are 2-1 so far on this current 15 game stretch mentioned above.

At one point I thought 12-3 was a realistic goal- but with the injuries piling up, if you give me 10-5 right now I will take it.

Reactions: PredsV82

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I couldn't give mine away for Sunday night. I must've offered them free to 10 different people.

Same as NoNeck here. If you are having a hard time selling tickets you aren't going to use let me know. I'm not planning on going to many games this year but I'd like to take my wife to one or two.

I've been to so many games before the Preds got popular the current pricing for resale tickets seems insane to me (But great for the team & fans!). Assuming you are in the 300s and a STH I will gladly pay whatever you paid for them.

Reactions: Jonesey

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
well that sucked

..too many corners just missed by Forsberg.
..too much ice time for salomaki.
..a game lost on special teams.
..not enough high danger scoring chances created
..too many breakaways and high danger chances given to them
..nothing from Watson and sissons who have always been our COL killers
..nothing from the blueline
..nothing from our PP
..the best scoring opportunities from our worst scorers in general (salomaki chance from johansen comes immediately to mind)
..a strange game in that we really played well in terms of limiting shots, but awful on about 5-6 times where we left rinne one on one with the shooter
..Rinne deserved so much better. he made at least 5 spectacular saves while they didn't really have to make anything other than positional saves since we couldn't hit a corner if our lives had depended on it.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Once again losses like this bring focus. If the recent slight improvement in the PP numbers and significant improvement in the PK caused complacency, this game should sound the alarm bell. Keep working on special teams.

Reassuring thing is we still should have won this game or at least got a point if Forsberg has a decent shooting night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad