Music: Oasis Reuniting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
They’re probably seeing how bands like Blink 182 and Greenday are absolutely killing it in the concert scene again despite being in their 50’s.

I wouldn’t call them overrated as a band. Just disappointing. They put out some great songs and then f***ed it all up. Pride and ego will ruin anyone.
It still beats bands like Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers who have never released anything good yet are everywhere for some reason.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It still beats bands like Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers who have never released anything good yet are everywhere for some reason.
The Foo Fighters released 5 GREAT albums, 2 good albums, and an awesome live album “Skin and Bones”.

You’re out to lunch on that one pal. They’re one of the best rock bands of all time and are fantastic live.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Oasis, Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers are all good. RHCP is probably a top 5 band of all-time for me, personally.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Will they end the 25 year hiatus of sounding good live? :sarcasm:

Either way when they walk out to ****in the Bushes for the first concert the Welsh will launch that nonexistent roof into space

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I actually liked Dig Out Your Soul. Falling Down especially is a song I never get tired of listening to.
It's probably their best post-2000 album.

Also, I know it's not an album proper, but The Masterplan really gets slept on. It's probably front-to-back their most consistent album, Walrus-cover notwithstanding, but that even provides cheeky lolz.

I always believed they'd get back together.

I am skeptical how long they can remain together. :D
Honestly if they actually go through with the entire tour, it will almost feel like a letdown. :laugh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oasis is back together! Just like their eyebrows!

1724816731979.jpeg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I've never understood the appeal of wonderwall. one of the most depressing songs I've heard
Ryan Adams came along and did a much better cover version of the song and turned it into a ballad. . Now they play it like his version, instead of the original upbeat album version that was released.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I have 0 confidence in them to put together a decent album as they haven't in a long time. Better Britpop and Post-Britpop bands doing it lately listen to their new stuff instead (Cast, Shed Seven, Tim Burgess from The Charlatans, Thirteen Senses, Elbow, Blur, etc).

Reactions: Mescaleroman

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
RHCP were downright awesome before they became "songwriters". 87-92 you can make an argument they were the most explosive band in the world. The Navarro album is underrated, and they were still very good for most of Frusciante's second stint. They still have moments now. I'll get to Foo Fighters in a minute.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Foo Fighters released 5 GREAT albums, 2 good albums, and an awesome live album “Skin and Bones”.

You’re out to lunch on that one pal. They’re one of the best rock bands of all time and are fantastic live.
I think with the Foo Fighters it's a case where Dave Grohl's personality is a little much. You had times in the late 2019s-early 2020s where music publications went to him for a quote on anything and he was too meme-ish.

They have some really good albums like the first, third, the one with Rope, etc. Colour and Shape is a little too corny for me. If you take away Grohl the celebrity, they're a pretty to very good band.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad