Music: Oasis Reuniting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Had no idea Oasis was this popular.
As their career reached its zenith, Oasis performed to 80,000 people over two nights at Balloch Country Park at Loch Lomond in Scotland on 3 and 4 August, before back-to-back concerts at Knebworth House on 10 and 11 August. The band sold out both shows within minutes. The audience of 125,000 people each night (2.5 million people applied for tickets, and 250,000 were actually sold, meaning the possibility of 20 sold out nights) was a record-breaking number for an outdoor concert held in the UK and remains the largest demand for a show in British history. [Wiki]

This was in 1996.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I've never understood the appeal of wonderwall. one of the most depressing songs I've heard
I'm not a huge Oasis fan (they're not even in my top 100 bands): the song is incredibly melodic and catchy, and remember, the 90s had a lot darker/depressing topics for those of us who were around then. Today's popular music the majority is flash and autotune. It's made with the intention of it'll be off a Spotify playlist in one week and maybe played in gyms or some shuffle down the line. Not many try to do big albums anymore (King Gizzard is definitely an exception). Carbohydrate listening.

I remember someone on MTV said it was about a girl he was in love with and she ended up getting married to someone else (not according to Wiki but who knows). That's some real shit. You don't always win or get the one you want. It's a lesson many people have to learn in life.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I would love to know how they enforce this.

Only way I could see would be box office pick up combined with digital tickets through the valid retailer apps.

Would also be interesting to see what would happen if someone decided to go after one of the resale platforms. The tickets they're selling wouldn't be valid, and it's been publicly announced they won't be valid, so by continuing to allow them to be listed they're participating in ticket fraud.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Only in the U.K. and Ireland. They never managed to separate themselves from the pack here in the U.S, though they did have one Top 10 single (Wonderwall).
3 top 10 albums though.

They were still one of the bigger alternative bands of the day, but alternative rarely equated much to high charting singles unless you were Blink 182 or Green Day or even Matchbox 20 where they went out of their way to do it. They could run festivals and such though.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would love to know how they enforce this.

Only way I could see would be box office pick up combined with digital tickets through the valid retailer apps.

Would also be interesting to see what would happen if someone decided to go after one of the resale platforms. The tickets they're selling wouldn't be valid, and it's been publicly announced they won't be valid, so by continuing to allow them to be listed they're participating in ticket fraud.

What they normally do is they shut off the transfer option so then there's no way you can send them to other people unless you give them your login information which you aren't going to give to random people. So your only option will really be to go or just sell them on those two websites that are allowed.

It's how most of the EPL teams operate too. I know people still get around it somehow but that I have no idea how.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad