Proposal: NYR/WPG/VAN blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Been a while since I made a proposal so be kind (or not hahaha)

:rangers:

Mark Scheifele (C) $6.125M×3

:jets:

Brock Boeser (RW) $5.875M expiring
Braden Schneider (D) $925k×3

:nucks:

NYR 22 1st round pick
Filip Chytil (C/LW) $2.3Mx2 (or maybe Kravtsov?)

Rangers fans won't like giving up Schneider one bit but shore up at C for the semi long term. Gotta give to get.

Jets get their reset and a RHS wing & D, both of which are needs iirc

Canucks pull decent value for a guy they might not keep, getting a potential reclamation project and freeing up some cap

Flame away...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Rangers are unlikely to trade Schneider but they have a boatload of options to include. If they want Scheifele they can do the trade without involving a third team.

Mal Reynolds

Sep 28, 2008
The Rangers are unlikely to trade Schneider but they have a boatload of options to include. If they want Scheifele they can do the trade without involving a third team.

Fair.

Batting 0 for 6 so far.... :eek:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A note to fans of western conference teams— I don’t think the Rangers are at all interested in moving Braden Schneider. You should just give up. As much as it may seem the Rangers need to do anything and everything to shore up a top center position I think Schneider is pretty much a deal killer. The Sabres certainly wanted him included in an Eichel package and that was before he even had played an NHL game. Now that he has he’s pretty much already cemented himself into the Rangers every day lineup. If we weren’t going to move him for Eichel I don’t see us moving him for Scheifele.

Anyway Schneider, Chytil and a 1st for Scheifele is way too much.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
If you actually wanted to do a three way here it would probably be something around:

NYR:
Mark Scheifele

WPG:
Brock Boeser

VAN:
Braden Schneider

NYR gets a player that might put them over the top for contending over the next 3 years in potentially the best years of their older forwards play + the ELCs of some of their young talent, WPG improves at wing and insures themselves for the future with Wheeler getting older (Ehlers + Boeser is amazing going forward), and VAN gets the perfect young right D that they desperately need. Picks and some other assets can be used to shore up where this is uneven.

NYR doesnt want to part with Schneider though (understandably) so Rangers fans probably would say no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Mal Reynolds

Sep 28, 2008
A note to fans of western conference teams— I don’t think the Rangers are at all interested in moving Braden Schneider. You should just give up. As much as it may seem the Rangers need to do anything and everything to shore up a top center position I think Schneider is pretty much a deal killer. The Sabres certainly wanted him included in an Eichel package and that was before he even had played an NHL game. Now that he has he’s pretty much already cemented himself into the Rangers every day lineup. If we weren’t going to move him for Eichel I don’t see us moving him for Scheifele.

Anyway Schneider, Chytil and a 1st for Scheifele is way too much.

If I may offer a rebuttal to explain my thought process.

Scheifele, defensive warts aside, is stinking cheap for what he provides. He's also got term. I felt he was the type of player who could maybe command that type of return

But I get it, I really do. Pretty impressive what Schneider is doing, which is why other fanbases keep harassing you about him ;)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I may offer a rebuttal to explain my thought process.

Scheifele, defensive warts aside, is stinking cheap for what he provides. He's also got term. I felt he was the type of player who could maybe command that type of return

But I get it, I really do. Pretty impressive what Schneider is doing, which is why other fanbases keep harassing you about him ;)

Rangers will have upcoming cap issues as it is. All teams have holes though and another top center is one of ours also we could use a couple middle six wingers (that Blais injury hurt). Not everything is going to get fixed at once. Shit doesn’t work like that. Players like Schneider on ELC’s are real building blocks to successful teams. He is every bit as important to the future Rangers D as K’Andre Miller. Really I don’t know why the Leafs didn’t draft him as most people expected but their loss was our gain.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
scheifele is better, plays a more important position and only costs 6.25 million a year, boeser has 1 year of control left with a q/o of 7.5 so he does not work at all for the jets
That's fair. What would you be looking for in a return for him? For what it's worth, I'm mostly just working with the OP here; I don't really know why you guys would even have any desire to move Scheif when hes still pretty young and very good

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That's fair. What would you be looking for in a return for him? For what it's worth, I'm mostly just working with the OP here; I don't really know why you guys would even have any desire to move Scheif when hes still pretty young and very good
I personally don't want to move him until we get a new coaching staff, I doubt we move him anyways and if we did most likely be looking at a rebuild so young players/prospects/picks

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I wouldn't do this as a Jets fan. Don't really need another D prospect, and tho Boeser would be a nice fit his cap hit is pretty high, and the whole trade would just leave the Jets with a huge hole at C, and little cap space to fill that hole.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

If Mark was traded for a roster player, zero interest in any winger return as main piece. But you would have my attn if you said Horvat & Nils for Mark. Nucks get the best player overall with 2.5 years term for a PPG centre. Jets get a 2C and a young 3rd line winger.

I personally don't want to move him until we get a new coaching staff, I doubt we move him anyways and if we did most likely be looking at a rebuild so young players/prospects/picks

Agreed

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
If Mark was traded for a roster player, zero interest in any winger return as main piece. But you would have my attn if you said Horvat & Nils for Mark. Nucks get the best player overall with 2.5 years term for a PPG centre. Jets get a 2C and a young 3rd line winger.

I would do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad