Proposal: NYR-STL(Shatty)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrTylerKennedy*

I love how the 30% retained is the big selling point. Like having Rick Nash for slightly less than Alex Steen definitely means that you must give up your best defensemen for an average one.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
OP's proposal is terrible. But assuming the Rangers are actually going after Shattenkirk, what are they dangling? They're not willing to give up Buch or Skjei (management has called both untouchable), all our RFAs resigned so I don't think they'd be part of the deal, and the Rangers aren't going to trade any more firsts. My guess is that they have to be dangling Nash at 30-50% retained + other pieces (Fast, Klein, Lindberg?) to try and land Shattenkirk. The Blues wouldn't be adding Steen though, that's for sure.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I love how the 30% retained is the big selling point. Like having Rick Nash for slightly less than Alex Steen definitely means that you must give up your best defensemen for an average one.

Shatty is definetly not better than Pietreangelo.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Obviously would do the OP in a heartbeat but STL wouldn't. Even though RHD is a huge need for NYR there just doesn't seem to be a mutually beneficial deal to be made between the two teams in my mind, been basically beaten to death in multiple threads

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
If Pietrangelo is the best, you would think you could spell his name correctly. It's close, but Shattenkirk has the edge over him.

So the reason Shattenkirk is on the trade market is because he's better than our number 1 defenseman?

It's really not close, Pietrangelo is just better.

MrTylerKennedy*

So the reason Shattenkirk is on the trade market is because he's better than our number 1 defenseman?

It's really not close, Pietrangelo is just better.

Ah, the classic case of undervaluing a great player because the team has to part ways with him due to money.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ah, the classic case of undervaluing a great player because the team has to part ways with him due to money.

Nobody is saying Shatty isn't a great player. We're saying he's not better than Pietrangelo, because he isn't. And also, we don't have to trade Shatty for money. We could easily resign him next offseason, that just means once Parayko's contract is due, we're going to have a ton of money tied up in the right side of our defense, and Shattenkirk would be playing third pairing minutes(yes, Parayko is better than Shatty too) for 6M. That's less than ideal.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Who in the world do you think is a"best defenseman" in this offer. The Blues have at least two guys better than Shatty.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Ha, yeah, it was Shattenkirk that was out there for 30 minutes a night in the playoffs shutting things down.

How did I forget that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad