GDT: NYR @ MTL, Sat' 1PM, Centre Bell, Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
So... Galchenyuk in for Bourque on Monday? Barring Bourque scoring a couple, I can't see how Therrien doesn't do this.
Bourque had 1 bad period and everyone wants him out... just keep him in and he'll score 5 goals in this series, the fifth one being a game 7 OT winner and all you sorry ***es will be sorry.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
They way it seems:

- we don't have an answer for how to attack them
- they look like they have every answer for how to attack AND defend us

It's one thing to have a bad period, it's another when you can see the other team is better prepared strategically.

Eller has looked the most dangerous so far. Only one who can hold onto the puck.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHERRY>? RANGERS NOW???

I have mute on now for this reason.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
The good thing is we weathered the storm and we're only down by 2. We can still come back and win...

yep. hopefully Michel is in the room yelling like a mad man and giving a good speech on how **** everyone was but praising the good plays and saying were lucky were only down by 2 and we still have a big chance at cutting into that lead. yep.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
1pm start, hungover after a HUGE series versus Boston, that period was an anomaly. The next two periods will be a test of this team's focus and Therrien's coaching ability, can he inspire the team during the break?

Plekanov

Jan 30, 2007
One of the worst period of the season. Rangers winning all the battles.
Wake up boys!

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Keys to playing a better second period:
-Stop the stretch passes
-Wingers narrow the gap between themselves and the defenseman during a break out
-Move your ****ing feet

Go Habs Go!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Two HUGE penalty kills at the end there. Lucky to be down by only 2 so if we can use that momentum and regroup during the intermission we can make this comeback.

Habs forwards are obviously sloppy and it was to be expected after that battle vs Boston. They should get their legs back in the 2nd.

Hank giving up some juicy rebounds.

Bourque with a good shift but sloppy play and 2 horrible lazy penalties... I'd expect Galchenyuk take his spot by next game.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
This isn't Rask we are playing against and that worries me the most. Rask has and still is shielded by a good defensive core. The "King" is another different beast.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
OMG we do suck in afternoon game.

Therrien should respond to Vigneault with some line changes of his own.
Bourque must wake up because Galchenyuk is ready

Let's go Habs....it's comeback time!!!

DLR1970

Mar 13, 2013
South Carolina
Not totally unexpected after the Bruins series. A lot of series left in this one and one 20 minute period in game 1 ain't winning the series for NYR and ain't losing it for Montreal.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
As expected, and as what i said about a thread i created ,but for unknown reason got deleted, Habs and community are still thinking about the Bruins and the follow up honeymoon that happen. What i said what adversity make you better, and its how you will get respect. We think it will just be easier than the Bruins. A lost today could be the best thing to happen. A 5-1 lost could be the best thing to wake us up and start to show some emotion and break this too much respect attitude atm that i am feeling.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
**** I hate Day Games! NHL needs to smarten up and stop this crap!
One game on the schedule and they decide it has to be played at 1pm on a Saturday.....

**** OFF NHL!

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Probably our worst period of the playoffs. Price has kept us in it, not giving up the third goal was important. Did we even test Lundqvist? Hope the boys can wake up. Bournival with probably his worst hockey as a Hab.

no he was not tested.

agree on Bournival..put chucky on that line, then at least there will be two guys on the line who can see the ice and pass .

even if they find their legs in the 2nd it will not matter with all the low percentage shots they take.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Dude, you're not going to win this argument. There is a CLEAR pattern of him flipflopping through teams. It has nothing to do with him getting better or not (btw, his career year was before us, with the Leafs), it has to do with him constantly moving around. It's not something you can just toss it aside.

So the day he plays great and you feel he's great for you....you let him go because he use to move around? Great, makes perfect sense. It's okay though...not interested in winning that argument. Just saying, it was, for me, a stupid move to let him go AFTER a great playoffs run and after giving a 2nd round pick for him. Not want to win an argument against you. Just want to say that this is my opinion. I'm pretty certain of something though....I think we did sign a couple of players throughout our history that also happened to move around.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Donald giving excuses for Lucic. Again, if that's Subban, different story. Be a man Cherry and get your lips off the Bruins' ***** already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad