GDT: NYR @ MTL, Sat' 1PM, Centre Bell, Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Though it's well done, there's a massive lack of Rangers in this GDT IMO. Bruins are done, let's move on.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Ac0hH2N.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Leaving to Stowe earlier than planned to be able to watch tomorrow's game. Anyone in the area know of a bar in that mellow town that gives a **** about hockey?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
PP has to be better than gm7. That almost cost us the series. That Briere goal was also not exactly the result of a perfectly executed PP.

Capitalize and of course, score first.

Rangers are no slouches. I expect lots of end to end action with Markov/Emelin really getting tested.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
The Habs brass had lots of time to scout and plan for the Bolts and Bruins... I know they have contingency plans and info on all NHL teams... But there's nothing like focusing all your energies to prepare against one team...

I hope the players are quick learners and can focus on learning ways to counter the Rangers' more active system... Plus that Waite can tell them all of Lundqvist tendencies... They have so little time and they're still probably coming down from the high of the victory vs the Bruins.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Don't be surprised if the Rangers steal Game 1 in Montreal. As much as a coaching staff tries to keep a team hungry there is a tendency to ease off the gas after an intense series that saw the Habs survive two elimination games. You can't play with desperation every single game.

And as great as Price he's been, Lundqvist has been better—through two rounds the Rangers' goalie has superior numbers for both GAA and Save Percentage.

The good news is that this edition of the Habs is a far better team than the one that was smothered by the Flyers in the 2010 Eastern Conference Final.

Montreal's offense has been the most potent of all the teams in the postseason tourney. The Habs are averaging 3.27 goals per game and the power play is converting at a very healthy 26.3%. In contrast, the Rangers are near the bottom in goals per game (2.43) and their power play conversion rate is an anemic 10.9%.

For Montreal to advance to the Finals, Price must be Lundqvist's equal in the nets. The rest will take care of itself. The Rangers aren't as good as the Bruins, but that doesn't ensure victory. The two top seeds in the East have already gone down in flames.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
3 Players to watch

The Game Breaker: Carl Hagelin

Has jets in his feet (The Rangers' Tyler Johnson). Won Faster Player at the NHL Young Stars All Star Competition.

hi-res-450303259-carl-hagelin-of-the-new-york-rangers-skates-against-the_crop_exact.jpg

The Norwegian Gretzky: Mats Zuccarello-Aasen

Plays with a huge stick... The most disproportionate for a player's size you'll ever see . Super skilled. Incredibly talented. Deceptively Quick.

Mats+Zuccarello+Carolina+Hurricanes+v+New+CgTQhuxkCi3l.jpg

The Warrior: Dan Girardi

Leads the team with huge hits and blocked shots numbers. He's their rock on D. A pure defensive D (unlike McDonagh who's much more of an all-around D)

c948b223ccaf8c19dc8bde2456f567a1-getty-90955322cm015_philadelphia_.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Habs are going to be fine against the Rags.
We currently have two series under our belts and are improving game to game.
The Rangers were very fortunate to beat the Pens and will find a far more obstinate group in the Habs.
The Bruins series will provide us with an edge we haven't seen in decades. We will win on both sides of the
puck.

GHG

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Game Breaker: Carl Hagelin

Has jets in his feet (The Rangers' Tyler Johnson). Won Faster Player at the NHL Young Stars All Star Competition.

hi-res-450303259-carl-hagelin-of-the-new-york-rangers-skates-against-the_crop_exact.jpg

The Norwegian Gretzky: Mats Zuccarello-Aasen

Plays with a huge stick... The most disproportionate for a player's size you'll ever see . Super skilled. Incredibly talented. Deceptively Quick.

Mats+Zuccarello+Carolina+Hurricanes+v+New+CgTQhuxkCi3l.jpg

The Warrior: Dan Girardi

Leads the team with huge hits and blocked shots numbers. He's their rock on D. A pure defensive D (unlike McDonagh who's much more of an all-around D)

c948b223ccaf8c19dc8bde2456f567a1-getty-90955322cm015_philadelphia_.jpg

Hopefully we can lay some licks on both the gnats.
I hope Girardi continues his stellar D and reaches the -10 plateau by late next week.

GHG

Moves Like Jagr

Oct 20, 2011
Kitchener
Is Lundqvist's shoulder or hand not completely 100%? I seem to remember him getting hurt in game 6 or 7 and read he went to the bench a few times during the game after that.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Is Lundqvist's shoulder or hand not completely 100%? I seem to remember him getting hurt in game 6 or 7 and read he went to the bench a few times during the game after that.

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...big-game-goaliehas-a-bit-of-a-shoulder-issue/

"Elliotte Friedman noted during the game last night that Henrik Lundqvist was getting work done on his shoulder at the Rangers bench during a TV timeout. (CBC)

Lundqvist admitted to having tweaked his shoulder, saying on MSG “it’s something that I have been dealing with for weeks, it’s nothing new, I tweaked it a little bit. At this time of the year I never feel 100%, ever, because you play a lot and everyone feels the same way. I will get some treatment and be fine.â€

PricePkPatch*

By the way guys:

Using disrespectful nicknames to talk about other players or teams ("Cindy" Crosby, "Scabs" for Habs, etc...) is illegal on the main board. So try to avoid it.

And for the records, "Rags" is considered borderline. So you might get an infraction if you use it in a post that is disparaging the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad