GDT: NYR @ MTL, Sat' 1PM, Centre Bell, Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does someone have the gif of Subban kissing Baldy?

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I'm 99% sure Habs are going to the Cup Finals.

Hope the players are not overconfident like you :)

This will be a very tough series IMO.

Last time we played in the ECF we had trouble scoring ...hopefully this year will be a different story but I'm really scared of Rangers' defense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I truly believe that is the Habs win this series, they will go on and win the cup. Rangers will be a formidable foe however.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Rangers fan here, and to my fellow hockey fanatics, just wanted to wish you guys good luck in the series. May the best team win.

Also, congrats on beating the Bruins. Can't stand Boston at all, especially Lucic and Marchand. Both of them can enjoy the golf season.

I must say though, I watched most of the Boston-Montreal series, and Carey Price scares me. Going to be an interesting matchup between two of the best goalies in the league in Price and Lundqvist.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I just don't feel ready for this one. Does anybody else feel ready? Emotionally spent.

If I feel like this, what about the players? Will the habs be able to storm the rangers early? I think its important to do so in order keep that seed of doubt in Henrik's head

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
IMO we're taking the rangers way too lightly. I'm glad the players aren't, nor the coaching staff, listening to their interviews.

They've had quite the run so far, going through rivals Philly then coming back 1-3 against the Pens. I mean, wow, kudos to them, they're a great hockey team that Vigneault has made better each quarter of the season and each series. Everyone rallying around Marty's mom's passing is a great story too. Feels weird in a way since it's actually a Montrealer who was lost. I think we can all grieve for that.

Either way, they have a team that not only has the goods, but that has the focus and drive. This made all the difference against boston. We're going to have to find a different way to win this series. Dammit, want this to start ASAP. So done with the bruins.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
this game day thread ... while intense.. and awesome.. and reminds me of a lot of nights i've had before........ well it kinda sums up everything i hope the Habs AREN'T going to do on game day. Ya' know Still be focusing WAY to much on the bruins and not focusing enough on the task at hand.. THE RANGERS! lol

Awesome job though... lets hope this helps us (and them) get it out of our systems for good!

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Scary stat:We have scored 2 goals in regulation in 3 games against the Rangers this season.
We won 2 of the 3 games though and the 2 regulation goals were both scored in the only game Lundqvist played.

Still the margin for error is pretty much null.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I just don't feel ready for this one. Does anybody else feel ready? Emotionally spent.

If I feel like this, what about the players? Will the habs be able to storm the rangers early? I think its important to do so in order keep that seed of doubt in Henrik's head

Absolutely, I was hockey hangovered yesterday. That mix of stress, sudden rushes of joy and adrenaline and frustration outbursts all series long. I had enough.

Now I'm slowly getting back into game shape.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Didn`t wana make a thread just for this, but this is EPIC.

This is awesome... i know its corny and all.. but seeing a huge group of Canadien fans singing the national anthem (Reno style) out side TD garden kinda gave me a chill they way they knew we needed every little bit of good luck to win and Reno singing the national anthem (fake or not) was needed!

that being said i feel good about this series.. way better than the last ECF where i knew we were gonna lose.. i could just feel it. but even feeling so much better about this series than that one.. i couldn't help but start listening to all this talk about emotional let downs and such i started to worry just a bit.. then watching this video it made me think ahead to Ginette coming out on Saturday afternoon and singing the national anthem in the oh so powerful and emotional way she does.. the house erupting with thunderous applause and cheers.. Ginette shaking a lucky players hand hands and giving a high five.. in that atmosphere.. the energy.. NO ONE WILL TAKE THIS AWAY FROM THE BOYS!

the emotions and energy will be there! does any one really think PK, Price, Weise, Weaver, Prust, and all of them are going to let some one come in and take it all away from them?! HELLS NO!

Last edited:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Charismatic ?
What did you expect ?
Those are fans having fun nothing more.
Take it as it is and you will smile.
I know I did.

They made a video and it sucked. It was cheesy. Nothing wrong having a good time, but they put too much effort into a failing act.:laugh:

It was pretty embarrassing.

Damn son, you salty.

''Not even charismatic'' :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just have low tolerance level for habs fans making big efforts in other cities to make supposed funny video that ultimately fails.

Perhaps I am being harsh..lol.. but they all look like d-bags trying too hard.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Rangers are very well coached, play an honest north south style. Have three solid Dmen, a great goalie and balanced lines, so no I am not taking them lightly. They also beat two good teams including coming back from 3-1 down. Anyone who thinks this is in the bag is diliusional.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Rangers are very well coached, play an honest north south style. Have three solid Dmen, a great goalie and balanced lines, so no I am not taking them lightly. They also beat two good teams including coming back from 3-1 down. Anyone who thinks this is in the bag is diliusional.

Is it just me or are we all suffering from a Black and Yellow hangover.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Apparently Tony Romo is going to be at the MSG for game 3 and 4.

BnyMV-AIcAAaiZM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad