Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It doesn’t sound like Rykov is signing here for next season.

Jeff Gorton spoke to Carp about the Rangers prospects in The Athletic. This is what he said about Rykov.

Rykov doesn’t want to make $70,000 playing in the AHL next season.

Unfortunately we have so much depth on the left and i guess he realizes that too. We knew eventually we wouldnt have enough spots for our prospects. Would have been nice for him to come to the AHL but it’s not surprising he doesnt want to.

I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get Rykov signed. That's why I said last page, he's the one I'm interested in (in terms of a contract announcement).
Yup. Not surprised. If you look at the roster + the pipeline, his odds are super slim of getting much more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

People ask why the team might want to buy out Staal/Smith/Shattenkirk? Here's the reason: get the dead wood out of the way so the kids believe they have a realistic shot of making the team, if they earn it.

Truthfully, if this is his thinking, I don't blame him. If it were just a question of competing with Hajek and Lindgren, then I'd question the decision, but with the crusty old vets taking up spots, I wouldn't want to make the move, either.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Unfortunately we have so much depth on the left and i guess he realizes that too. We knew eventually we wouldnt have enough spots for our prospects. Would have been nice for him to come to the AHL but it’s not surprising he doesnt want to.

Which is why I've advocated trading Skjei for Trouba. It doesn't have to be Trouba though. Maybe now that we have Fox, it doesn't even need to be a RH dman, though I still think we need a RH dman with size. We've got a lot of players and only so many spots on both sides. Smith can be the 13th forward or sent to Hartford, but what do we do with Staal and Shatty? I don't think either one is likely to be traded this offseason. Maybe if we retain 50%, though Staal has the NMC. Would anyone take Shatty at 50%? He is still owed another 10.6 mil. That's a savings compared to his cap hit, but not a huge one. Next summer, after his signing bonus is paid, he will be a lot more attractive to a cap floor team. Shatty only has an 8 team no trade list in the final year of his deal.

Could we carry 8 dmen again and make Staal and Shatty 7th and 8th?

Skjei-ADA
Hajek-Pionk
Rykov/Lindgren-Fox
Staal/Shatty

Maybe we trade Pionk now that we have Fox? Lots of decisions for Gorton to make and not all of them will be before the season starts.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Shesterkin posted an 88-16-7 record, along with a 1.68 GAA, a .935 SV%, and 27 SO in 117 KHL appearances. Among goalies who have made at least 50 career KHL appearances, his career 1.68 GAA is the best in KHL history and his career .935 SV% is the second-best in KHL history. #NYR

Those stats... absolute insanity. I dont care how good your team is, you have to be damn good to put up those numbers in a professional league

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get Rykov signed. That's why I said last page, he's the one I'm interested in (in terms of a contract announcement).

To be honest, it might be better for that to be the case. I know we don't want to lose out on him, but if we told him that next summer we will know more about where he will be able to get into the lineup, it would help.

Hajek looks like someone who is here next season. They already have Skjei. Staal isn't going anywhere until he retires/contract expires. Smith is the odd man out. On top of that you have Lindgren who looks close. Another 1/2 season in the AHL seems about right for him. Could Rykov be better than Hajek? That would be some competition in camp if so, but would we be deciding on taking Rykov over Hajek since the latter will go to Hartford? Sets a bad precedent for the team.

We're talking about accelerating the rebuild. With all these prospects, you have to wonder if they are looking to make a big trade. Gorton always mentions that they are looking at young, high end, NHL players to trade for. Have to wonder if those plans start now.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The way I look at it, Rykov is still young enough where if he wants to play in Russia while the team gets the left side sorted, so be it. They'll have his right indefinitely

Unfortunately that's the trouble with having so many prospects at one position, but you gotta buy the lottery tickets to win, so it is what it is

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
A press conference introducing prospects who may or may not end up starting the season in Hartford? For us hockey nerds sure, for the rest of world that's a 'Nah'.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
cant blame rykov. realistically, hes hartford bound unless he has a cant miss camp. playing in hartford, as ive said many times before, aint what these guys are looking to do when you can stay home and develop there.

odds are against him.

good play on his part.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov playing in Russia another year is totally fine. Keep simmering.

The thing is he could have gone head to head with Hajek for the spot. Now Hajek who already had the inside track most likely solidified himself this year. Skjei isn’t going anywhere. Staal is going to finish it out. But by time he’s done it’s going to be KAndre Time. I think Rykov had a shot here to try and prove it but he would have had a real hard time beating out Hajek.

I really like Rykov so there’s some disappointment there not seeing him come in and compete

Reactions: KooKooForKakko

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are holding their prospects camp on June 24 at the Chelsea Piers Connecticut in Stamford, Connecticut. The Rangers practice facility is undergoing renovations.

Should be a fun time.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The Rangers are holding their prospects camp on June 24 at the Chelsea Piers Connecticut in Stamford, Connecticut. The Rangers practice facility is undergoing renovations. Should be a fun time.

Will it be open to the public? @RangerBoy

in the past, no, it has not been open to public
first few days are fitness evaluations, meetings and orientation, and drills
NYR site posts some video and interviews
the later few days they scrimmage, some of those have been streamed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad