Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah. This right here. Keep this thinking up.

Quite literally though, it's not something i'd want to play against.

And i think a lot of people are overlooking how much of a difference that would potentially make for dumping off some of those insanely tough minutes Seider played, on a guy like Trouba...who has mostly handled those minutes in New York while Fox gets all the credit.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I have no idea why people are freaking out about Yzerman here. Trouba only has two years left, if he’s retained it does very little damage to their cap. I think Trouba no longer playing as a captain and just another guy on a second pairing probably simplifies and maybe calms down a bit. Solidifying their defense while presumably helping a younger guy adjust. They only missed the playoffs by a point?

This makes sense for the Wings. If it’s retained and they give up no big young asset for it, this is an obvious move for them.
the problem is Trouba himself is more than likely irate by this, he wants to stay in NY to captain this team and I respect it as a Rangers fan but NYR management is looking to actually reshape the defensive core now and the drama surrounding him might not be good for the Rangers these next 2 years.

People forget but Trouba was a Gorton acquisition/signing, Drury's been probably looking to rid Trouba for the past 3 years now. Are DET fans 100% certain they want a grumpy asset like Trouba on their blue-line for 2 straight years?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
the problem is Trouba himself is more than likely irate by this, he wants to stay in NY to captain this team and I respect it as a Rangers fan but NYR management is looking to actually reshape the defensive core now and the drama surrounding him might not be good for the Rangers these next 2 years.

People forget but Trouba was a Gorton acquisition/signing, Drury's been probably looking to rid Trouba for the past 3 years now. Are DET fans 100% certain they want a grumpy asset like Trouba on their blue-line for 2 straight years?
Always seemed like Trouba was trying to make things work best for his wife, and I thought NY had a big role in that. He may be fine with playing in Detroit but that may make his family life difficult. Wouldn’t be the first time.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Always seemed like Trouba was trying to make things work best for his wife, and I thought NY had a big role in that. He may be fine with playing in Detroit but that may make his family life difficult. Wouldn’t be the first time.
yeah his wife most likely doesn't want to go to DET and had plans on staying where they are for the full 8 years. Should've never been signed for the 8 years in the first place though. A Jeff Gorton classic.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Trouba simply cannot play top 4 minutes on any team expecting to push for playoffs. There was a stretch in playoffs where he was on the ice for something like 10 straight goals against. He was fine a couple years ago but it seems that his whole persona changed when he started throwing big hits, and now its all he wants to do.
Edvinsson and Seider won’t be playing together. They will likely be the two pair carrying Dmen for the next ten years. Trouba will either play on the second pairing with Edvinsson, as a supporting Dman, or play on the 3rd pairing.

If they do acquire Trouba, it increases the likelihood Petry is bought out. If only to gain a roster spot. They only save about a million. They will have added Trouba to play the role he’s really good at playing, basically for the salary of Walman and Petry. That’s a big win. Trouba won’t be asked to carry the weight he had been in NY. Seider is still getting those minutes and with Edvinsson carrying the 2nd pairing, it allows Trouba to be very productive.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Edvinsson and Seider won’t be playing together. They will likely be the two pair carrying Dmen for the next ten years. Trouba will either play on the second pairing with Edvinsson, as a supporting Dman, or play on the 3rd pairing.

If they do acquire Trouba, it increases the likelihood Petry is bought out. If only to gain a roster spot. They only save about a million. They will have added Trouba to play the role he’s really good at playing, basically for the salary of Walman and Petry. That’s a big win. Trouba won’t be asked to carry the weight he had been in NY. Seider is still getting those minutes and with Edvinsson carrying the 2nd pairing, it allows Trouba to be very productive.

I can envision Petry retiring. I'm sure he'll get a job in the org.

Local and all.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Hawk Tuah

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
1. Hes been bad for 3 years
2. Uhh ok? The rest of the Rangers team was really good?
3. If Trouba is in your top 4 you legit have zero chance at making the playoffs. The guy would be lucky to be a bottom pair AHLer at this point. I would love him to be in the corners against us because he will likely get spun in circles and not know where he is, resulting in a likely goal against. Believe me, seen it way too many times
major troll job

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
major troll job
Yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!😂
artworks-kr8sjTReylRBTT3T-kVzp2A-t500x500.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
yeah his wife most likely doesn't want to go to DET and had plans on staying where they are for the full 8 years. Should've never been signed for the 8 years in the first place though. A Jeff Gorton classic.

Bit weird to get into this but his wife fully entrenched in her career as a doctor? I remember when he came to NY originally she was still working her way through med school but I didn't keep up with that part of Trouba's story because I assume the contract wouldn't be this big of a deal and he'd see it through lol

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
1) you ninja edited your post... To be less blatantly wrong.
2) you're still blatantly wrong.
3) the athletic article says no such thing.

The article says that Trouba could do such a thing. It does NOT state that Trouba or his team is doing anything of the sort.
I clarified because I knew it sounded too strict and wanted to be honest. And the article said that overhardt could, so it did say such a thing. That NYR would have to deal with another team if that happened is just basic extrapolation.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
There’s a lot of bias running around in this thread….
Trouba was bad for the rangers in the playoffs. Probably the worst I’ve seen him play in his career.
He was also playing on a broken ankle with a piece of bone floating around.
He’s not the most fleet of foot to begin with. That didn’t help.

He is absolutely still a top 4 D on many teams. He blocks a lot of shots, will be a staple on Det PK, and is a solid leader in the lockeroom.
He also has a solid first pass out of the zone. He doesn’t average 30 pts a season with no PP time by accident. I would keep him away from the PP as well at this stage.
He’s a throwback open ice hitter. Other teams need to keep their heads up coming over the blue line when he’s on the ice.
Doesn’t really police the net from or down low like he should with his frame. I think Lindgren does a better job than him of that, and he’s a smaller guy.
A healthy Jake is still a good asset to have on your team if you can afford the cap hit for 2 seasons.
He should be deployed on your middle/bottom pair. He’ll give you 20 min a night with a solid partner.
He is prone to taking penalties and the occasionally dumb play, like many D-men.
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if teams start calling DRws looking to add Trouba to their team either this TDL or next…..
Short term, if you have the cap space, he’s an attribute to a team that’s up and coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad