Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lucas Raymond has entered the chat..

Edit: the main reason why Walman was let go was because Edvinsson took his spot.
Since 2020…. When Raymond was drafted. Congratulations on what was already said I guess?
And that’s cool, but he still isn’t a graduated prospect and is still being listed on basically all prospect rankings

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Would like this, if they move Holl. Would still line up with Pellikka replacing that spot on the team and would be an upgrade on Holl.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
I don’t think so. I watched his work in the playoffs. I would call it horrific when nearly every single puck touch he makes turns into something bad. Sure a better partner would help that would help any defenceman in this league, but Trouba will still have to make plays all on his own too, and he seemingly picks plays at random to make, how he plays.
If he goes to Detroit, you don't have to worry about playoff play.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
he's gonna go to DET, take more bodies/names, become a fan favorite, put up more points than he ever did in NYR, and then people are going to cry that the Rangers are soft and need a player like Troubs.
Big doubt. The guy can hardly skate anymore. The big hits were few and far between lately because he can hardly put himself into position for big hits anymore.

Last edited:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Outside NHL fans don't understand how putrid our defense is and how few options DRW have.

Even if Trouba is as bad as they say he will probably still be our third best defenseman and maybe even second best.

Outside of Seider, our current defense is entirely 6-7 quality guys or guys who would be out of the NHL if GMSY didn't exclusively build the roster out of Great Value brand hockey players.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don’t think so. I watched his work in the playoffs. I would call it horrific when nearly every single puck touch he makes turns into something bad. Sure a better partner would help that would help any defenceman in this league, but Trouba will still have to make plays all on his own too, and he seemingly picks plays at random to make, how he plays.
Trouba was hurt, broken bone in his foot. You saw the worst version of himself. When healthy he’s a solid dmen who consistently in the upper tier of blocking shots and a finishing checks while averaging about 30/p a season.

Is he 8M a year solid? f*** no. But he's a capable defenseman that has traits that coaches love.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Since 2020…. When Raymond was drafted. Congratulations on what was already said I guess?
And that’s cool, but he still isn’t a graduated prospect and is still being listed on basically all prospect rankings
Hmmm you compared prospects recently drafted by Hakan Anderson to Ryan Sproul, Xavier Ouellet, Jakub Kindl and Brendan Smith. So if you don't consider Mortiz Seider, Lucas Raymond and Simon Edvinsson as being clearly better NHL'ers at this early stages of this career that's a you issue, not a me issue.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
Trouba was hurt, broken bone in his foot. You saw the worst version of himself. When healthy he’s a solid dmen who consistently in the upper tier of blocking shots and a finishing checks while averaging about 30/p a season.

Is he 8M a year solid? f*** no. But he's a capable defenseman that has traits that coaches love.
Him and Brooks confirmed he was fully healed. Lame excuse for a guy who has objectively been pretty putrid for the larger part of three years

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Him and Brooks confirmed he was fully healed. Lame excuse for a guy who has objectively been pretty putrid for the larger part of three years
His Corsi For % (all shot attempts) was 47.6% and 48.4% for high danger chances (per Natural Stat Trick). Not great, but certainly not putrid.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He's not good but as a 2 year stop gap he might not be the worst. Depends on the salary and what goes back. Going -5M in cap space for a bottom 3 D is a bad move, going -2M is probably justifiable.

Extending Trouba would be the biggest crime.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Holl with a similar 30% retained could be fine as a 6 RD. Otherwise, I honestly don’t think Trouba is as bad as he’s being painted here. He makes some borderline plays, and he was hurt and worthless in the playoffs, but he is a gritty middle pairing D who can eat minutes and at 5.5M for 2 years, I really don’t think he’s viewed by NHL GMs as a negative at all. Not expecting a haul by any means, nor even much benefit beyond the cap space, but at 5.5M with only 2 years left, Trouba is definitely not that bad of an addition.

Reactions: DamonDRW

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Hmmm you compared prospects recently drafted by Hakan Anderson to Ryan Sproul, Xavier Ouellet, Jakub Kindl and Brendan Smith. So if you don't consider Mortiz Seider, Lucas Raymond and Simon Edvinsson as being clearly better NHL'ers at this early stages of this career that's a you issue, not a me issue.
If you were following along, which apparently you weren’t, I was clearly talking about the ones who haven’t established themselves. Aka not Raymond and Seider. Try and pay a bit more attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad