Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If you were following along, which apparently you weren’t, I was clearly talking about the ones who haven’t established themselves. Aka not Raymond and Seider. Try and pay a bit more attention
I've read all your posts in this thread and I am replying one final time to tell you I have no interest in your opinion on the Detroit Red Wings. Your views are embarrassing and outdated, you move the goal posts, and you are condescending. I will not waste my time replying to you again.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Put him with a defenseman who is good at making that first pass and can cover ground defensively though.
Unfortunately the plan would be to put him with Simon Edvinsson on the second pairing. So either the kid takes a massive step forward to carry Trouba or it's another failed veteran addition.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I mean sure, there’s a lot of D-men in this league. But he’s still horrific at hockey though.

Your team has a couple who are too and were 1 win away from the cup (Ceci, Nurse). W/ the latter having the worst contract in the league.

Trouba had a rough year/playoffs but @ just 2 years and especially if he costs just 5.5-6M, there are plenty of teams who would give him a look.

Reactions: egelband

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Outside NHL fans don't understand how putrid our defense is and how few options DRW have.

Even if Trouba is as bad as they say he will probably still be our third best defenseman and maybe even second best.

Outside of Seider, our current defense is entirely 6-7 quality guys or guys who would be out of the NHL if GMSY didn't exclusively build the roster out of Great Value brand hockey players.
That's not a good reason to add another defenseman that causes more problems than he solves.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Your team has a couple who are too and were 1 win away from the cup (Ceci, Nurse). W/ the latter having the worst contract in the league.

Trouba had a rough year/playoffs but @ just 2 years and especially if he costs just 5.5-6M, there are plenty of teams who would give him a look.
Trust me. I know. Advocated for getting rid of Ceci all year. Nurse, I didn’t cause I assumed impossible.

I wouldn’t at 5.5M even. There are defenceman at 2M that won’t hurt you like Trouba consistently does.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
well-waiting.gif

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
so this supposed trade can't get made until Monday?

I mean he could just waive his NMC....its going to be a limited NTC in a couple days. He was already asked for his list of teams. I can't imagine that's holding things up.

What's to stop him from adding DET to his NTC on July 1 if he just doesn't want to leave?

Nothing....but he was already asked for his list (probably already submitted) and DET would be one of the more favorable places for him to go to so it's highly unlikely.

Reactions: AirGut

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I mean he could just waive his NMC....its going to be a limited NTC in a couple days. He was already asked for his list of teams. I can't imagine that's holding things up.

Nothing....but he was already asked for his list (probably already submitted) and DET would be one of the more favorable places for him to go to so it's highly unlikely.
The point is if he doesn't want to go anywhere they be leaves off teams that are capped out or wouldn't want him in the first place and puts any team on the list that he or his agents thinks is interested. The structure of the list is strategic. This isn't about the list update bc even with the active clause he could just waive it if he is okay being traded to Detroit today, no need to wait for a list...

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I think for Detroit you do this and if it doesn't work out, you can probably salvage something back on a trade deadline deal next year if you retain some more.

Reactions: minimal

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Well at least he's bringing back violence to the Motor City...Circa 80s...We old time Detroit fans have such fond memories.

yup given that the team has a long way to go 5 million and change is fine for seeing some mofos get elbows lol

hopefully he can still be rebound to a solid enough player he apparently was early in the season

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
kinda weird how brooks is only one talking about it. seems like the big guys would have at least retweeted.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Guys need to realize what that extra 2m does to them during negotiations. If Trouba made 6, this stuff wouldn’t happen. 3-4 years and Zadorov will be moved cuz of his cap hit too

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I have no idea why people are freaking out about Yzerman here. Trouba only has two years left, if he’s retained it does very little damage to their cap. I think Trouba no longer playing as a captain and just another guy on a second pairing probably simplifies and maybe calms down a bit. Solidifying their defense while presumably helping a younger guy adjust. They only missed the playoffs by a point?

This makes sense for the Wings. If it’s retained and they give up no big young asset for it, this is an obvious move for them.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I have no idea why people are freaking out about Yzerman here. Trouba only has two years left, if he’s retained it does very little damage to their cap. I think Trouba no longer playing as a captain and just another guy on a second pairing probably simplifies and maybe calms down a bit. Solidifying their defense while presumably helping a younger guy adjust. They only missed the playoffs by a point?

This makes sense for the Wings. If it’s retained and they give up no big young asset for it, this is an obvious move for them.
People want to feel like they know more than an nhl general manager. Especially when they have a solid track record. You make many great points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad