Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
So we managed to win the President's award with Trouba in our top-4 (most of the season), but Detroit won't sniff the playoffs?

You may not like Trouba, and that's fine, but suggesting he's a bottom pairing AHL dmen is impossibly foolish.
Your right, he actually belongs in the coast

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
The takes in this thread are simply... I'll put it... Par for the HF course

I hate Jacob Trouba and the way he plays, but if he dials it back, doesn't have a C on his jersey and just plays his game like in Winnipeg, he will be fine at what I hope is retention for 5.5m x 2. He's not some complete scrub unable to play in the NHL anymore. Sometime the change of scenery benefits players greatly

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No offense, but I'll take Hakan Andersson's drafting for the past 34 years over your opinion. If you can't tell the difference between his track record and track record of Detroit's North American scouts well then I honestly don't know what to say. Ken Holland gave the majority of his first round picks to his NA scouts and they turned out bangers like Filip Zadina, Joe Veleno, Michael Rasmussen, Dennis Cholowski, Evgeny Svechnikov, Anthony Mantha, Riley Sheahan, Thomas McCollum, Brendan Smith and Jakub Kindl.

Sure, they drafted Dylan Larkin and deserve credit for that pick, but the hit rate is abysmal.
And Andersson has had misses too.

I’m as hopeful as the next guy, but saying we “knocked out draft picks out of the park” just because he picked some of them is non sensical.

The fact is we haven’t graduated a player to full time since 2020 draft, and we have no idea what we have right now

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Detroit ends up doing this, look for Petry to probably be bought out. Whether they change their pursuit of Matt Roy is another story. Maybe that changes to a Brady Skjei to play with Seider.

Trouba will be asked to be a supporting player, no longer carrying play. That’s a big thing as Seider and Edvinsson will carry the lace for the D for the foreseeable future.

At $5.5 million, its well worth it.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
These posts might be the best part about this potential trade.
These people on here just live in an alternate universe where players are either negative value and you need to attach four 1st’s to move them or theyre untouchable and only prime 99 coming back the other way would move them.

Youd be a fool to think there wouldnt be takers for trouba

Reactions: SoupNazi

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
If Detroit ends up doing this, look for Petry to probably be bought out. Whether they change their pursuit of Matt Roy is another story. Maybe that changes to a Brady Skjei to play with Seider.

Trouba will be asked to be a supporting player, no longer carrying play. That’s a big thing as Seider and Edvinsson will carry the lace for the D for the foreseeable future.

At $5.5 million, its well worth it.
Would that be with holl leaving too?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
And Andersson has had misses too.

I’m as hopeful as the next guy, but saying we “knocked out draft picks out of the park” just because he picked some of them is non sensical.

The fact is we haven’t graduated a player to full time since 2020 draft, and we have no idea what we have right now
Lucas Raymond has entered the chat..

Edit: the main reason why Walman was let go was because Edvinsson took his spot.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Does Jacob Trouba still belong in the NHL? Yes.

Does he belong on the second pairing in Detroit for $5.5M AAV? No.

Assuming one of Husso or Holl are not going the other way, I don't understand this proposed deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m beginning to think GM Yzerman is a complete fraud.

What could he possibly want with one of the worst defenceman in the NHL? Trouba blows. He’s horrible.

Yzerman better be getting paid a shit load of futures to take this on.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I’m beginning to think GM Yzerman is a complete fraud.

What could he possibly want with one of the worst defenceman in the NHL? Trouba blows. He’s horrible.

Yzerman better be getting paid a shit load of futures to take this on.
1) hes not one of the worst dmen in the nhl
2) he is overpaid

Both can be true

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I mean sure, there’s a lot of D-men in this league. But he’s still horrific at hockey though.
This sort of hyperbole is ridiculous, he’s not horrific. He’s an overpaid but still useful defenseman who is prone to making some dumb decisions. Put him with a defenseman who is good at making that first pass and can cover ground defensively though.

Reactions: SoupNazi and Profet

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This sort of hyperbole is ridiculous, he’s not horrific. He’s an overpaid but still useful defenseman who is prone to making some dumb decisions. Put him with a defenseman who is good at making that first pass and can cover ground defensively though.
I don’t think so. I watched his work in the playoffs. I would call it horrific when nearly every single puck touch he makes turns into something bad. Sure a better partner would help that would help any defenceman in this league, but Trouba will still have to make plays all on his own too, and he seemingly picks plays at random to make, how he plays.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Word on the street is that it's #47 and Justin Holl for retained Trouba?
Holl's cap hit is $3.4 plus $2.5 for Trouba's retention total $5.9.
That's a lit if money to be carry for just $2.1 million in cap space.

I wonder if the Rangers Trade, waive or buyout Holl.

I wonder if Trouba will beat him up at a bus stop.

Edit: for reference for those who don't remember this timeless classic!

Than they went for dinner after that and fought each other at a bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay