Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The proposal I made earlier in the thread breaks down like this:

24/25 - NYR open $3.9250m in cap space (minus replacement 3RD cap hit)
25/26 - NYR open $6.3000m in cap space (minus replacement 3RD cap hit)
26/27 - Trouba contract is finished. Husso + Holl retention is finished.

It only cost a 5th round pick, and brought back two 7th rounders.

NYR is trying to be a cup contender. They need the cap space. I think it's worth it, and I don't think it's pointless at all. The only good argument I can see against it is if you truly think Trouba is worth getting actual value back for in a trade (not just cap space), and you don't like that this doesn't provide that.

How about we simplify this

Trouba at 5.5 for Detroit is fair value to them

Rangers eat 2.5 to get it done . Don’t expect much back if anything .

That’s the deal … the end

the SJ moves are seperate
Rangers owe the sharks an overpayment

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If Detroit was including Holl in the deal, I don't think that the Rangers would be retaining any notable amount of money on Trouba. If he'd waive his NTC, I think Petry and Detroit's 2nd for Trouba at $6 million would be my bet for what the deal ends up looking like.

The whole point for the Rangers is to clear cap space. Petry isn’t going to be part of the deal.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yzerman is going to sink that franchise good grief

You really have to ask what Yzerman is doing. Is it him? Maybe ownership forcing his hand? WTF is going on?

And we have to ask this is light of the unbelievable success he had with the Lightning. Maybe that wasn't really him?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I mean Walman is probably just as good as Trouba and costs way more.

sub-buzz-917-1570472613-1.jpg

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Trouba was exposed a bit in New York, but he's still a top four d-man on the right team. He's never going to change his style of play though, which gets the masses riled up here. Probably not as much hand wringing in NHL circles.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
  1. Bum ankle.
  2. 3rd most mins on defense for a Presidents trophy winning team.
  3. Mo Seider or Jacob Trouba on the ice for 2/3 of every game. Yes, please go for that puck in the corner, I'm sure it will work out well for you.

No ill will towards Jake. I'll root for him in the 313.

But he was bad and a liability for NY with his play on the ice as time went on. Maybe the wheels aren't fully off with him, maybe he can be salvaged on another team in a fresh start.

I hope DET values him like you do, shed most of his full cap hit and not take a bad one back.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
  1. Bum ankle.
  2. 3rd most mins on defense for a Presidents trophy winning team.
  3. Mo Seider or Jacob Trouba on the ice for 2/3 of every game. Yes, please go for that puck in the corner, I'm sure it will work out well for you.
1. Hes been bad for 3 years
2. Uhh ok? The rest of the Rangers team was really good?
3. If Trouba is in your top 4 you legit have zero chance at making the playoffs. The guy would be lucky to be a bottom pair AHLer at this point. I would love him to be in the corners against us because he will likely get spun in circles and not know where he is, resulting in a likely goal against. Believe me, seen it way too many times

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
1. Hes been bad for 3 years
2. Uhh ok? The rest of the Rangers team was really good?
3. If Trouba is in your top 4 you legit have zero chance at making the playoffs. The guy would be lucky to be a bottom pair AHLer at this point. I would love him to be in the corners against us because he will likely get spun in circles and not know where he is, resulting in a likely goal against. Believe me, seen it way too many times
So we managed to win the President's award with Trouba in our top-4 (most of the season), but Detroit won't sniff the playoffs?

You may not like Trouba, and that's fine, but suggesting he's a bottom pairing AHL dmen is impossibly foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama