Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Josh Brown is legit an awful player.

He’s worse by almost every measurable metric. He was the 7th D in Arizona of all places. I remember Sens fans saying he is the worst defender they have ever seen.

So no I haven’t personally watched him but there is no evidence out there that he is better

Pretty strong statements considering you admit that you haven’t even watched him.

He is a cheap 6/7 filler.

Also, do you remember what Vinny looked like 2 years ago? He was an average AHL player……Maybe the Oilers think they can develop Brown a bit.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Prediction:

With no expectations he'll excel in a backup role next year and someone will think he's figured it out and give him a bigger contract that he doesn't live up to.

Rinse. Repeat.

100%

I can't wait for the hand-wringing here and morons on mains to troll the Oilers about it too. "Looks better behind a better defense" or some shit, laughably when the Oilers were one of the best defensive teams last year (not so much when he started for them but whatever).

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Hey, if everyone who's watched him play for their team says he sucks I'm going to take note of it. Sorry if that upsets you.

Good thing is he can be buried in the AHL at least.
"Everyone who's watched him play for their team says he sucks"

Hopefully the large investment the Oilers signed him to doesn't backfire.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

Reactions: Wreckus

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty strong statements considering you admit that you haven’t even watched him.

He is a cheap 6/7 filler.

Also, do you remember what Vinny looked like 2 years ago? He was an average AHL player……Maybe the Oilers think they can develop Brown a bit.
It’s rare for 30 year old defenders to develop much. But whatever he is going to be a press box guy.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Agr

Agreed, preferably right shot but I think they have enough depth to run either McLeod or RNH at 3C to start the year and look at options down the road.

I’m still big on Sissons. With all the money Preds doled out today maybe they’d move him.
Sissons would be an absolute perfect fit. Something I think we've both pimped for a couple years. Not sure though the Predators add all those big money wings to create a donut team light in the middle. Nugent Hopkins still likely production wise to move around as a top 6 wing who works with either elite centre and delivers defensive cover. His ability to read off them is a value too. As a pure winger Arvidsson can move to either wing and also move down to stretch scoring as a 3W ice tilter.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Even if Campbell looks good this year..

The situation is such that there was no runway left for him here.

We couldn’t pay him that to be a backup. And we couldn’t rely on him to be a starter. It was bad all around.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Vezina incoming.

In all seriousness... I expect him to bounce back a bit. Will never be a starter again, but he's going to remain a pretty dynamic back up in this league.

I think he got the short end of the stick during our 2-9-1 stretch where BOTH goalies AND our team D were pretty terrible. One guy would ahve been snatched on waivers and the other guy wouldn't... then once down in the AHL, there was no cap space to give him another chance.

Still happy to be rid of him, but wish him luck.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's a great fit. Give cover for Wright to develop realistically as a top 9 and over time slide into an ice tilter 3C. Two time Cup winner, high character veteran (& good Sasky boy).
Maybe. But that's a big ticket for a guy with very little track record of being a productive depth player. He's getting paid like a top line forward because his stats were inflated playing with elite top line forwards.

I don't like that contract as a comparable for Beniers' future long term extension.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Even if Campbell looks good this year..

The situation is such that there was no runway left for him here.
We didn't even try him with Knobloch D system. He was no worse than Skinner under Woody and woodys system.

He can rebound easily next year..

Reactions: foshizzle

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
The longer Dr. Jan Itor takes to sign, the less likely it's here, IMO. Which is a shame. They need him back

tumblr_mmx4mygkod1s8l018o6_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad