Proposal: Nyr-bos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Rangers could use a few more good dmen in the prospect pool as Day, Graves, and Reunanen is not enough. With all the depth the Rangers have and will be hard to get rid of more dmen and nobody wants Staal or Girardi.

Fast + 6th for Brandon Carlo

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Can't say no fast enough from a Boston perspective (no pun intended). One of the only good RD prospects in the system along with McAvoy. I don't see any way Carlo is traded in the near future.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Rangers could use a few more good dmen in the prospect pool as Day, Graves, and Reunanen is not enough. With all the depth the Rangers have and will be hard to get rid of more dmen and nobody wants Staal or Girardi.

Fast + 6th for Brandon Carlo

Eh, nope.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
What's wrong with Staal & Girardi. Other than that they make too much, has their game fallen off that much?? They seem like they would be an upgrade to our top 4 in Boston.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
There could be a trade between these two teams but this one ain't it.

Don't see it. Both are well above average at forward and well below average at D with great goaltenders. It's kinda odd how similar a position these teams are in, actually. I don't see a trade to be made between the Rangers and the Bruins.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Dont get me wrong I love having Fast on this team, he brings some decent tools and is a hard worker but you can get those kinds of players very easily and very cheaply every year in free agency. No where near worth it for Boston.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't see it. Both are well above average at forward and well below average at D with great goaltenders. It's kinda odd how similar a position these teams are in, actually. I don't see a trade to be made between the Rangers and the Bruins.

Generally agree.
However, Nash is an upgrade on Chara
if an sizeable enough sweetener were throw in from Bs, I could see it.

Would have to be ample or Rangers gamble Nash rebounds, value, competitive bids upped

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Heck no. Carlo had a great IIHF WJC for the USA. We are desperately in need of impact Dmen and Carlo is a one that may make the roster this year. The only way Carlo goes anywhere is in a package for a top 2 or top 4 defender.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
is Colin Miller available?

Not for a pick, and not for a player you'd be interested in trading.

Assuming the Bruins lineup stays the same, this is a big year for Colin Miller and Joe Morrow. They both haven't proven much in terms of consistency and there are a glut of D prospects who could crack the roster in 2017-2018.

Like others have said, the Bruins don't move Miller unless its for a better D in a package, and I'm not sure the NYR even consider that.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I wonder if there is something around Colin Miller and Jimmy Hayes for Nash retained that makes sense. Hayes joins his brother and Vesey on the third line, Miller drops into the second pairing in New York and Nash jumps into the vacant Eriksson spot. Salary retained.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I wonder if there is something around Colin Miller and Jimmy Hayes for Nash retained that makes sense. Hayes joins his brother and Vesey on the third line, Miller drops into the second pairing in New York and Nash jumps into the vacant Eriksson spot. Salary retained.

How much does Jimmy make?

I think I'd be on board with that.

Nash with 1.8 retained for Jimmy Hayes and Colin Miller and a decent pick.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I have a feeling that Boston is not going to be trading any higher end D prospects unless they are getting a player they covet. Since the players they covet right now more than any others would be young top 4 RHD, I really doubt that trade anyone who could project to be one of those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad