Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS]Nick Holden for Rob O'Gara + 2018 3rd round pick

paragon

May 5, 2010
AV is brutal but he's nowhere near as toxic as what was going on in Edmonton to think he was holding back a mediocre NHL defender. And the talent was always there with Schultz.
Just saying I think they both had too much responsibility before the trade. I think Holden will be fine in a smaller role different system.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
*qdp*

I'm a Bruins fan who lives in NJ and watches the Rangers more than I would like to care to admit.

Nick Holden is not good. He's the Bruins 8th best defenseman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dumpin

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I'll gladly take Andersson and Shestyorkin over anyone in the Bruins prospect pool.
I see your comment and raise you one Ryan Donato, currently leading the Olympics in goals scored (although it's not over and there's a very likely chance he'll at least be tied and beat out).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm a Bruins fan who lives in NJ and watches the Rangers more than I would like to care to admit.

This.

The Bruins defense was deep enough. If they were gonna make a trade with the Rangers, it should have been for Ryan McDonagh, not a guy who I wouldn't say is better than McQuaid in his own zone. Holden blows assignments regularly. He thinks because of his unsustainable offensive production from last year that he's Bobby freakin' Orr and gets caught up the ice way too much. Not only that, but I can't count the number of times they've scored a goal against that top pairing of him and McDonagh because Holden lost his assignment and left a player wide open in the slot.

They were better off keeping O'Gara and the 3rd. I'm not saying this to "win the argument" on HF, as I could give a rat's ass less about "winning an argument" on here. I'm saying it because it's an unbiased analysis of a guy that I watched blunder it up EVERY DAMN NIGHT and got sick of seeing the same mistakes. I rather would have seen Smith in there with McDonagh, at least he had good chemistry with him last season at times.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I see your comment and raise you one Ryan Donato, currently leading the Olympics in goals scored (although it's not over and there's a very likely chance he'll at least be tied and beat out).

Donato is still not a better prospect than either of those two even with his excellent Olympic showing

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Not only that, but you're at least in this market.

I've had center ice every year since the inception of the package itself and had out of market access before that with Dish Network. I'm telling you right now as someone who has the package, it's impossible to watch every team, even fragments of games of every team. I've followed Vegas this year, Toronto and Nashville on a semi-regular basis and even that's been hard to do.

I'm tired of hearing people from other markets come in and tell me that they watch my team and know my players better than I do. It's simply a crock of shit and some HF fallacy that people who are too proud to admit that they don't watch a said player because they want to maintain their know-it-all HF savant (no pun intended at you @Savant) status.

Honestly, what's wrong with not knowing about a team and their players if they're not in your market?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not only that, but you're at least in this market.

I've had center ice every year since the inception of the package itself and had out of market access before that with Dish Network. I'm telling you right now as someone who has the package, it's impossible to watch every team, even fragments of games of every team. I've followed Vegas this year, Toronto and Nashville on a semi-regular basis and even that's been hard to do.

I'm tired of hearing people from other markets come in and tell me that they watch my team and know my players better than I do. It's simply a crock of **** and some HF fallacy that people who are too proud to admit that they don't watch a said player because they want to maintain their know-it-all HF savant (no pun intended at you @Savant) status.

Honestly, what's wrong with not knowing about a team and their players if they're not in your market?

I've had this argument over and over about this trade. Again, it doesn't really matter as it's a nothing trade, but I posted that I have seen him a lot AND 75% of Rangers fans who have seen him think he stinks, and yet people were still saying he doesn't.

Obviously changes of scenery help, new coaches seeing different flaws can maybe have some effect as well, but the less we see him the better for the Bruins IMO.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
The Bruins did fine here.

With a better coach, players and system, Holden will be a very good depth D-man that is incredibly important for a team looking to make a deep run.

Rangers did well in getting what they did, but this is a move that neither fan base should be bragging about or crying over.

That these teams are talking to each other "may" push another eastern conference club to up the ante in a move for one of the bigger names the Rangers have on the block.

These "first-strike" trades are always interesting in determining how the deadline will play out.

Again, good move for Boston- used the right way, Holden is a positive add.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You hold up to it, you're pretty smart with hockey, even though we've had our disagreements.

The center ice thing is so true. I think its funny when the teams are in the same time zone. The Bruins are my team. I watch the Rags/Devils/Islanders when the Bruins aren't on. I don't really like much TV and my wife works every other weekend plus some nights as a nurse and my kids are older so I can watch a lot of hockey, which is basically still only 5-6 nights a week (7pm games only) and on the weekends Fri-Sun I can generally watch a few more. There is only so much time and I doubt all these fans from other teams are watching the archived games lol. I love Vegas this year as well so they are my "other" team but they are on late.

Reactions: Monument

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The center ice thing is so true. I think its funny when the teams are in the same time zone. The Bruins are my team. I watch the Rags/Devils/Islanders when the Bruins aren't on. I don't really like much TV and my wife works every other weekend plus some nights as a nurse and my kids are older so I can watch a lot of hockey, which is basically still only 5-6 nights a week (7pm games only) and on the weekends Fri-Sun I can generally watch a few more. There is only so much time and I doubt all these fans from other teams are watching the archived games lol. I love Vegas this year as well so they are my "other" team but they are on late.

Exactly.

Although I will say that watching Vegas and Nashville is easier because there's a time difference so having one team in intermission while they other is in play makes it easier to watch both teams.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Yeah Donato doesn’t touch Andersson or Shesty right now and likely never, Andersson and Shesty are among the best prospects in the league

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Agreed plus the 1/4/7/10 games on the weekends

It's when the schedule spreads like in that time format that it's easier to watch more teams play.

Even with that said, I play regularly and have a social life, so I'm not home every night to watch out of market game even though I try to make the best of my $154 investment (early bird price).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Interested to get NYR fans take on O'Gara. I only get to see highlights so I saw the goal against, but hows he looked besides that?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I take back everything bad I said about this trade for the Bruins after seeing the isles pay a 3rd for Davidson. We should have gotten a 1st for Holden in comparison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad