Value of: Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Surely the names I’m throwing out doesn’t necessarily mean 1v1 trades.

Just bases.
Oh okay. That wasn't clear at all.

Leafs would ideally be pursuing somebody like Seider or Pesce or Cernak to play with Rielly (in terms of play style, not literally those guys), but it's possible that something around Nylander and Chabot could work for Toronto I guess.

Reactions: Coffees

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Why does Nylander having a career year scoring over PPG need a change of scenery?
The season no longer has any value in Toronto, unironically all 3 of them could smash Gretzky's records and if they don't win in the playoffs or at least make a very deep and substantial run, it means nothing.

The goodwill has run out.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's tough to know what to offer without knowing what the Leafs "needs" might be. Hell, they could (technically, mind you) win the Cup and elect to keep everyone.

That said, I love watching Nylander in the playoffs. If Toronto is looking for cap space, I could see offers of 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a prospect or two being offered. From the Penguins, I would be willing to deal someone like Rust and a 1st+ if they are just looking for "effective but different". Not sure I'd offer Guentzel.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Nylander for Garland, 11OA, Myers
Not a chance. Nylander won't return a pick that high, and Toronto doesn't have the cap to eat those contracts.

Canucks already have the skill up front. We need Ryan Hartman type wingers, not skilled floaters/gamebreakers.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Assuming he's willing to sign an extension:

Nylander to St.Louis for Brayden Schenn + Zach Dean + 1st 2023 (Toronto's original pick).

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Not a chance. Nylander won't return a pick that high, and Toronto doesn't have the cap to eat those contracts.

Canucks already have the skill up front. We need Ryan Hartman type wingers, not skilled floaters/gamebreakers.
wont return a pick that high? he just put up 40 goals and 87 points... i'd be looking to move him for a like aged #1-2 D that has a mean streak or the #2 overall pick not one as low as 11 unless the adds were better

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

This scenario involves Toronto taking a cap dump in Myers and a slightly negative asset in Garland. This isn’t Nylander on his own. I’m more familiar with Toronto’s cap situation than 95% of this board. They can eat Myers for a year.

• Haha
Reactions: AustonMarner

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think if Nylander is dealt, it's for straight futures. Most of the Leafs "value" deals expire, they are going to have a tough time returning a roster as strong as this one. He would return a 1st and a nice prospect for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: AustonMarner

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
TO won’t do a Hellybuck plus for Nylander plus to even out their teams but they should

Sampsonov and Murray can fit the Winnipeg cap

Dillon and Lowry could fit the leafs

Something could work just saying

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

Just to clarify. You’re saying Nylander won’t get a pick that high because he has one year left on his deal?

Cause a signed Nylander absolutely gets a pick that high.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

This is so delusional. Two borderline cap dumps and a pick outside the top 8 for a mid 20-something 40g scorer and you say "not a chance".

People are just clueless around here. You'd probably need to trade the 11th just to move Myers and Garland's deal without retention, let alone getting a young star.

EP-Nylander would be a dominant Swedish duo for years, something I figured Van fans would appreciate.

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
I look at what LA gave up for PLD and use it as a comparison, even though Dubois hasn’t ever put up the same numbers as Nylander.
Send him to Arizona for Crouse, McBain and a top 5 protected pick!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad