Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Islanders sign Brock Nelson to extension (6 year, $36 million)

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The way he's played last year and this year under Trotz, including the playoffs, Brock is exactly who you want him to be. Problem for long term Isles fans is that they watched him develop and some seem to think that the young Brock is the mature Brock. He's not. Sure he'll never be a .75pg or ppg player, but he doesn't have to be. He's paid to be a 2C. And sure his face looks cold and disinterested at rest (haha) and that doesn't help if he has a mental lapse and does something boneheaded, but I'm convinced he's able to get past all of it. He's a great teammate and reliable producer, generally. I'm very happy with him at $6MM/, but agree that good coaching makes all the difference.
I wasn't impressed by him in the second rd. In fact no one on that team decided to grab the lead. Nelson is a complimentary player but he is no star. This contract is no bargain. His lack of physical play for a man his size is infuriating.
Sure his numbers are solid now but he is quite streaky.
Like the contract. Like the player.
It's the Eberle and Lee deal that scare me. Mostly Lees.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
I wasn't impressed by him in the second rd. In fact no one on that team decided to grab the lead. Nelson is a complimentary player but he is no star. This contract is no bargain. His lack of physical play for a man his size is infuriating.
Sure his numbers are solid now but he is quite streaky.
Like the contract. Like the player.
It's the Eberle and Lee deal that scare me. Mostly Lees.
Lee’s is concerning. Eberle’s, not so much. He’s paid as a 2W and has 1w upside.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri and Reilly give him two more than Dubas...
Lou is a better negotiator hands down. But Let's make that 7 more than Dubas....Kadri, Rielly, Andersen, Hyman, McElhinney, Hainsey, Brown(has more points than(Johnsson, Kapanen, Nylander currently with 3 games in hand)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad