Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Pierre Engvall re-signs with the Islanders (7 years, $3M AAV)

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Decent 3rd line players get 2-3 year contracts max. Not 7 year contracts. Lou's nuts. I hate this deal less than Mayfield because at least I like Engvall as a player. But this is still dumb dumb dumb.

Mar 12, 2009
He played well above a 3rd liner after Lou rescued him from the land of playoff despair.
He was good here too for stretches like in NYI, I guess you'll find out now either way.

I'm glad we traded him. We couldn't offer anything like that...and Leaf fans/management weren't keen on him at the 2.5 for 1y. I cannot imagine the reaction to this signing if we gave him this.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
7? The magic number! Seven chipmunks, twirling on a branch. Eating lots of sunflowers on my uncles ranch! You know that old children's tale from the sea!

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Term is fine but because its only $21m in total. $3m for 2/3 line player that will be scoring 20+ goals

He would of got $3.5-4 for a 3-5 year contract by another team.

Clearly, no one paid attention to his play after he left TOR.

Next Season players similar to engvall's play will be getting around $4.5- $5M for 3/5 yrs

Easy contract to trade if he plays like he did when he got here.

Good gamble, as he shows potential to be a solid 2nd liner but pefect AAV for a 3rd line player with his skill.

Cheap buyout if needed as Cap increases as well

People judge a contract on term when they see 7 yrs.... Once again $21m for 7 .. is good and have no issue with it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He was good here too for stretches like in NYI, I guess you'll find out now either way.

I'm glad we traded him. We couldn't offer anything like that...and Leaf fans/management weren't keen on him at the 2.5 for 1y. I cannot imagine the reaction to this signing if we gave him this.
He seemed to develop good chemistry quick with Nelson. The play style of each player complimented eachother almost perfectly. Palmieri was the best as the 3rd option on that line too. Term is a bit puzzling but AAV is not bad at all.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They just signed David Kampf. If Engvall is a 4th liner, Kampf must be an AHL healthy scratch for comparison.
They are both 4th liners. Eng all could be more, but refuses to use his size. Holds the puck forever and does nothing with it.

Also deflecting to something completely irrelevant to your signing says a lot about how bad this is.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
They are both 4th liners. Eng all could be more, but refuses to use his size. Holds the puck forever and does nothing with it.
Engvall showed he could be more when given the chance with guys who fit his playstyle. It seems like he is the main puck carrier with his linemates (Nelson and Palmieri) here vs The big 3 in Toronto. He wasn’t physical for a guy who’s 9 feet tall but he did seem to use his speed very well to help create space for Brock to do what he does best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad