Confirmed Trade: [NYI/CHI] #18 and #50 for #20, #54, and #61 (ALL '24 Picks)

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Very happy with this move. Got an extra second round pick to move down a collective six spots.

In a shit draft. Who cares about a pick outside the top 50?

Quality over quantity.

I can assure you the Islanders are not drafting a worthwhile player at 61.
Got the mega millions lotto numbers as well?

Reactions: PGW

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Quality over quantity.

I mean sure but the quality at 18 is the same as the quality at 20 and same thing with the second round picks. Also feels weird about speculating that they like a player or something when you have absolutely no idea if that player is going to be there on draft day.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If I am not mistaken, the Hawks just had their first round of scouting meetings. I am wondering if they maybe solidified their draft list a bit and wanted to make sure they get 2 guys on it.
It’s definitely possible but just weird to do this when teams are guaranteed to have different boards.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island

Quality over quantity.

A 2nd rounder is a 2nd rounder. Isles get another for moving down two spots in the 1st round and a few in the 2nd, in what you call a "shit draft". You do that all day when you have the Isles cap situation and limited prospect pool.

Reactions: Dabeast

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Like did Chicago have a hard top 18 or some shit lol?

But like even then, the odds of your top 18 all being gone within the first 19 picks is nearly impossible.

Reactions: Morrison

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany

Quality over quantity.

Yeah, that's just not a good argument at all.

First of, there is no magic line which makes the 50th pick very good and the 54th and 61st bad. By that time of the draft teams' preferences are all over the place.
Secondly, if the draft is having questionable quality, you are more likely to get one good player out of it if you have two second round picks than if you only have one. Especially when the picks are so close to each other. It's not like they gave up picks for a future, "better" draft.

There really is no reason to make such a trade unless the pick is coming up and you want to be sure you get the exact player you want, which is not something you would have any idea about one month prior to the draft.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
This is the kind of trade I'd make on EHM after going scorched Earth selling at the deadline but then realizing I now have way more draft picks than I have open reserve spots...
Speaking of which, anyone know if there's a way to not have to go through and cancel every single trade offer when it isn't the deadline/draft day and they get canceled automatically?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
One team feels there's a steep drop-off in talent after their top 18 ranked players and the other team doesn't feel that way and both are willing to take that bet.

And, also, they're both willing to take that bet now when they can rather than wait until the draft (when one side might change their mind).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad