Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Casey Cizikas signing with the Islanders (6 years, $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
He'll probably wind up playing 13 minutes a night the first couple of years, y'know, like how often a 3rd liner hits the ice. In the last couple of years he'll be playing 4th line minutes.

Fine deal. As noted, the Isles have a short window coinciding with the opening of Belmont/UBS. If they have to rebuild in three years, so be it.

The chance to Cup is worth it. We all know the fanbase will put up with a couple (ok, 10 or 15) years of futility at a time.

Reactions: Olliemets

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They had to extend him. Their whole team identity starts with him. If he signed somewhere else, Isles aren’t even a playoff team.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He's not a typical 4th liner. He kills penalties and is on the ice for crucial moments of the game. He's not just a guy tossed onto the 4th line to relieve minutes for other players. 6 years is long maybe a bit too long, but $2.5million is a great value for him. If we end up paying a 4th liner by $1million his last 2 years that's fine.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yup. Get Lou and GM and don’t let him ever leave. The guy know to build out a winning roster with depth.

Is that why he couldn't build NJ after the lockout? And sattled To with terrible contracts like Marleau and Zaitsev? What has he built? He overpaid Leo Komarov and hired an excellent coach. Every other piece was in place.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Is that why he couldn't build NJ after the lockout? And sattled To with terrible contracts like Marleau and Zaitsev? What has he built? He overpaid Leo Komarov and hired an excellent coach. Every other piece was in place.

Let's see. Dobson, Wahlstrom, Pageau, Varlamov, Palmieri, and Zajac have all been moves made under Lou's watch. I think that all of them have been pretty damn important pieces to the current group. I wouldn't be shocked if Soucy or Lauzon is the next guy that the Isles try to get.

Reactions: crassbonanza

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
We're talking three times league minimum here. Maybe double league minimum by the time Cizikas becomes nothing more than a healthy scratch (assuming he's not LTretIRed before then). Likely literraly almost just double/triple 7D, 13F money.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
If I’m CC, I’d take the AAV for five if you make it buyout proof. LL was probably like, nope. 2.5 over the last two is either fine, if he’s playing at 85%, ok if you have to move him, and palatable if you have to bury or buyout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad