Value of: Nugent-Hopkins & Yakupov to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
I am also in the same boat as to how Tanev has more value than RNH. But then again, I also never would have figured Shero could get Larsson for Hall. But here we are...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Gonna have to say that is not fair. Yak has had how long to prove he is a top 6? Virtanen is 19 and plays a power forward game that the Canucks should not be looking to move.

I get Tanev plus but that additional piece should not be our best prospect. That is what he is, until Boeser signs an NHL deal and leaves College he hasn't proven he can play in the NHL like Virtanen.

Not hating on Boeser but Virtanen has the physical maturity to contribute now, just depends on how he is deployed and if he can improve his on ice hockey IQ

I think Boeser has the much better chance at becoming a top line player. I see him having the potential to be similar to Tyler Toffoli, while I see Virtanen being a better Raffi Torres without the dirty head shots. Bowser has the potential to be a 30G- 50-60P player while I see Virtanen being a 20-25G 40-45P crash and banger. The team still desperately needs a #1C for the future.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I think Boeser has the much better chance at becoming a top line player. I see him having the potential to be similar to Tyler Toffoli, while I see Virtanen being a better Raffi Torres without the dirty head shots. Bowser has the potential to be a 30G- 50-60P player while I see Virtanen being a 20-25G 40-45P crash and banger. The team still desperately needs a #1C for the future.

Do we ever its pretty scary to think what this team would look like without H. Sedin.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Offensively sure Boeser looks like the guy who will produce more pts potentially. Toffoli is a nice comparison actually.

As for Virtanen if he can become close to Wayne Simmonds I think Canucks fans should be happy.

RNH has value, he isnt ****, just like Tanev is a valuable player too. Sounded like he was praised by team canada and his teammates this spring. Will he be a 40-50pt guy almost a guaranteed no. Could he hit closer to 30pts or so a year, I think so.

Tanev 25-35pts a year and great defensively and your best PK d man isnt a valuable asset? It would be tough to move him, but we have a glaring hole at C and me moved McCann our highest offensive potential C with none left. Horvat could be a solid #2 but asking him to be a producing #1 and be solid in a way game might me a bit much. Its like Kesler, he would never be a true #1 on a decent team but he is a great #2 C

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd do Edler for Nuge as a Canucks fan.

Yak I'd value at a 3rd or equivalent

So Edler+3rd for Nuge+Yak?

yeah that aint gonna go over well with oilers fans.
RNH has a lot more value than Edler

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gonna have to say that is not fair. Yak has had how long to prove he is a top 6? Virtanen is 19 and plays a power forward game that the Canucks should not be looking to move.

I get Tanev plus but that additional piece should not be our best prospect. That is what he is, until Boeser signs an NHL deal and leaves College he hasn't proven he can play in the NHL like Virtanen.

Not hating on Boeser but Virtanen has the physical maturity to contribute now, just depends on how he is deployed and if he can improve his on ice hockey IQ

I value RNH quite a bit more than Tanev, I agree with your post but that's how I weigh my proposal.

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
As for Virtanen if he can become close to Wayne Simmonds I think Canucks fans should be happy.

Agree. The Canucks should be stoked if he even gets close. I'd genuinely be surprised if Virtanen can crack 50 points in his NHL career.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Vancouver doesn't have the right pieces to get a deal done for RNH. And Yak's value makes it not worth moving him. Give him a shot to break out this year and then consider trading him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Offensively sure Boeser looks like the guy who will produce more pts potentially. Toffoli is a nice comparison actually.

RNH has value, he isnt ****, just like Tanev is a valuable player too. Sounded like he was praised by team canada and his teammates this spring. Will he be a 40-50pt guy almost a guaranteed no. Could he hit closer to 30pts or so a year, I think so.

Tanev 25-35pts a year and great defensively and your best PK d man isnt a valuable asset? It would be tough to move him, but we have a glaring hole at C and me moved McCann our highest offensive potential C with none left. Horvat could be a solid #2 but asking him to be a producing #1 and be solid in a way game might me a bit much. Its like Kesler, he would never be a true #1 on a decent team but he is a great #2 C

Taney is a good player just not what we need after bringing in Larsson. We need a right shot puck mover.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Benning thinks C is a strong position for Vancouver so not smart enough to try to get nuge

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Tanev + Virtanen + 2017 first for RNH + Yakupov + 2017 second

With Tanev removed from the Canucks defense, the 2017 first could be Nolan Patrick.

Tanev + Virtanen + Patrick for RNH + Yakupov + a likely pick higher than 46th?

Oiler's fan? :sarcasm:

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
With Tanev removed from the Canucks defense, the 2017 first could be Nolan Patrick.

Tanev + Virtanen + Patrick for RNH + Yakupov + a likely pick higher than 46th?

Oiler's fan? :sarcasm:

Tanev being gone doesnt mean our pick is going to be 1st overall. Likely Vegas gets that or a damn good chance.

Losing Tanev would hurt, maybe we have an eye on a rhd in a different trade or sign a stop gap in Russell, albeit he is a lefty. Sbisa can play right side

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Tanev being gone doesnt mean our pick is going to be 1st overall. Likely Vegas gets that or a damn good chance.

Losing Tanev would hurt, maybe we have an eye on a rhd in a different trade or sign a stop gap in Russell, albeit he is a lefty. Sbisa can play right side

Sbisa can't even play left side. He's a fringe NHLer.

The Canucks can't afford to trade Tanev without a potential replacement coming back.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013

And this is why the Canucks have no real bargaining power, just like what happened to the Oilers everyone and their dog knew they needed a RHD, this is the real reason I believe the Oilers had to overpay for Larsson.

It's the same thing as back in the Schneider days, the Oilers were desperate for a goalie and the price reflected that, now the Canucks are in desperate need for a #1C from a devision rival, be prepared to overpay

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013

There will be two teams with better odds of winning the 1st overall pick as Vegas will be slotted as the 3rd worst team pre lottery

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just what the Canucks need...an underachieving centre earning north of $6m a season and another winger who plays on the perimeter....thank god the Canucks have no cap space left, because otherwise this is a deal Jimbo might actually take a look at.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad