Value of: Nugent-Hopkins & Yakupov to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I would not trade Tanev to Edmonton unless they overpaid by a decent amount.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Just what the Canucks need...an underachieving centre earning north of $6m a season and another winger who plays on the perimeter....thank god the Canucks have no cap space left, because otherwise this is a deal Jimbo might actually take a look at.:shakehead

bravo! :handclap:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Tanev + Sutter(retained) would be fair imo but. I'd want an overpay considering the rivalry and Schneider trade.

This always comes up in any Vancouver/Edmonton trade talk... If you guys had Shneider you wouldn't have McDavid in all likelihood considering how much stud goalies can raise a teams wins and points per season.

Also like someone said.. It happened between two now ex GMs seasons ago.. Do Oilers fans feel he would have boosted the team substantially or is it more about now when they're seeing their team take a better shape?(honest question here, I'm curious).

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
This always comes up in any Vancouver/Edmonton trade talk... If you guys had Shneider you wouldn't have McDavid in all likelihood considering how much stud goalies can raise a teams wins and points per season.

Also like someone said.. It happened between two now ex GMs seasons ago.. Do Oilers fans feel he would have boosted the team substantially or is it more about now when they're seeing their team take a better shape?(honest question here, I'm curious).

I wouldn't trade anything of value to the Canucks without an overpayment, in fact I would preffer the Oilers keep doing minor deal with Calgary over doing any deal with Vancouver

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I wouldn't trade anything of value to the Canucks without an overpayment, in fact I would preffer the Oilers keep doing minor deal with Calgary over doing any deal with Vancouver
.Agreed. I really don't see Chiarelli being interested in a defenseman like Tanev at all. He's added a lot of muscle to the line up so adding a powder puff like Tanev makes no sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad