Notable brief stint Hab players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Two goals come to mind for both players

Clutch goal to start the comeback and then OT winning goal

Lang had a fatty this night and scored a beauty goal. Our season collapsed after he got hurt.

I was at that game against Florida ! One of his 1st game with the Habs if my memory is good

Reactions: donghabs98

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'm going the negative contribution short stints path:

Karl alzner
Alexander semin
Mike Hoffman
Jiri sekac
Bryan flynn
Dwight king
David schlemko
Jakub jerabek
Joe morrow
Byron froese
Kenny Agostino
Michael chaput

Damn, I can go and on with the bergevin plugs
How did you forget Sergi Samsonov!

I was so happy when we signed Samsonov - and Semin - and both ended up being terrible here.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Brad Staubitz. Went the whole year without scoring a goal only to score an empty netter in the last minute of the season
I remember that goal well! Nice way to end a dreadful season. Staubitz wasn't a good fighter but it was refreshing to see someone willing to drop the gloves whole he was here. I recall actually wanting to resign him to a 1 year deal for some AHL/13th forward grit.

(Funny enough against a future hab in Mike Brown)

Clip of said goal

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I always thought Mickey Redmond would be a star for us. He was the price we paid to obtain Frank Mahovlich. While Redmond became a 50 goal scorer for Detroit, I don’t think we win that upset Cup in 1971 without The Big M on the team. While a major contributor in our 72/73 Cup win, that Montreal was one of the strongest teams that I saw in my close to seventy years following God’s team.

I went to Loyola College with Redmond ( he was in one of my classes). Funniest thing, I remember him being one of the most bow legged hockey player I ever saw. Great skater, great shot. Could never have played nets.
Dude my 94yo grandpa went to Loyola in the early 50s lol

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I really liked The Wiz when he was with the Habs.
wiz-the.gif

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Dude my 94yo grandpa went to Loyola in the early 50s lol
A bit older than me, but my memories are still vivid.

I still remember going to hockey games against Sir George Williams University, before the merger, where the Sir George fans chanted: “Loyola is only a college” and we responded: “Sir George is only a building.” Really harsh / nasty words. But that was life in the early 1960s.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
A bit older than me, but my memories are still vivid.

I still remember going to hockey games against Sir George Williams University, before the merger, where the Sir George fans chanted: “Loyola is only a college” and we responded: “Sir George is only a building.” Really harsh / nasty words. But that was life in the early 1960s.
Did you have the classical college courses?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Two goals come to mind for both players

Clutch goal to start the comeback and then OT winning goal

Lang had a fatty this night and scored a beauty goal. Our season collapsed after he got hurt.

FYI: The hockey stick in my avatar is from that Florida game. After Wizniewski's OT goal, the players filed off the ice and Plekanec passed his stick through the glass to my 10-year-old son.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad