D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Which games did you watch? I'm asking because the rest of your post indicates you probably didn't watch him at all.
How does it indicate that ? Did he excel ? Is everyone wrong except you ? Why does it matter which team ? I could just go down the list and name a team and it wouldn’t make a lick of difference credibility wise . It is not possible that others view him in a different light than you ?

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
How does it indicate that ? Did he excel ? Is everyone wrong except you ? Why does it matter which team ? I could just go down the list and name a team and it wouldn’t make a lick of difference credibility wise . It is not possible that others view him in a different light than you ?
Ok. So you didn't watch any games. Your posts gave it away already. Question remains...why are you here again?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
19 years old. New city. New team. Came in and put up just shy of .5 points per game. +6. There's zero wrong with that, and imo completely dispels the narrative that he's a bust because people conveniently ignored how bad his Kloten team was.

No one said there was anything wrong with his time in Laval but you made it sound like he did great when he clearly had some issues. I have all 11 Laval games on my youtube channel, they are fun to watch as he was good but showed warts as well imo. Which was to be expected and I said he did do better then I thought he would

I never cared for the whole Michkov thing cause I wasn't interested in drafting him or Reinbacher for that matter.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
No one said there was anything wrong with his time in Laval but you made it sound like he did great when he clearly had some issues. I have all 11 Laval games on my youtube channel, they are fun to watch as he was good but showed warts as well imo. Which was to be expected and I said he did do better then I thought he would

I never cared for the whole Michkov thing cause I wasn't interested in drafting him or Reinbacher for that matter.
I think he did great for a 19 year old coming in at the end of the season. Of course he's got things to learn: pace of play, smaller ice, etc. But he looked pretty damn comfortable right away.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Ok. So you didn't watch any games. Your posts gave it away already. Question remains...why are you here again?
To discuss prospects , like everyone else . What are you here for ? Police anyone with anything remotely negative ( and justifably so ) about Hab prospects ? Seems like that’s the agenda ..

I think he did great for a 19 year old coming in at the end of the season. Of course he's got things to learn: pace of play, smaller ice, etc. But he looked pretty damn comfortable right away.
Who cares about a handful of games at the end of a write off season. The much larger sample was a struggle . This isn’t even debatable .

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Did he excel ? The fact that you think he flourished gives it away that it’s actually you who hasn’t watched . Either that or you have massive blinders on. Additionally I think Mailloux may end up the better d . And there isn’t nearly as much talk about him .

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did he excel ? The fact that you think he flourished gives it away that it’s actually you who hasn’t watched . Either that or you have massive blinders on. Additionally I think Mailloux may end up the better d . And there isn’t nearly as much talk about him .

If you read this thread or my posts, you would know that I'm Swiss born. I watched Reinbacher as much as anybody here and I know as much about European pro hockey as anybody here. If you're interested in my player evaluations (and wanna find out why your posts were stupid) then I suggest reading my posts. I don't expect everybody to agree with me on everything but if somebody (like you or a few others in this thread) clearly doesn't have a clue then that's pretty easy for me to tell.

As fantastic as he is with the puck, Mailloux has no idea how to play against the puck. He was horrible against the puck in the OHL already and from the bit I saw, his AHL play hasn't been any better. A prospect that surely isn't a lost cause yet but for now honestly remains rather frustrating to watch. Reinbacher isn't exactly a shutdown defenseman either but he's still a lot more solid despite being younger. I think he may have passed Mailloux already in the depth chart.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Leafs prospects win two from Habs. Shouldn’t the Habs have better prospects? They’re the club rebuilding. Hutson looks like a hit. But not a fan of the Reinbacher pick. IMO the Habs should trade him while he has value. Get a good return now. Don’t wait until he’s worthless.
Seen this before when clubs wait in hopes the player will figure it out. Best to admit the mistake early and get a good return.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Leafs prospects win two from Habs. Shouldn’t the Habs have better prospects? They’re the club rebuilding. Hutson looks like a hit. But not a fan of the Reinbacher pick. IMO the Habs should trade him while he has value. Get a good return now. Don’t wait until he’s worthless.
Seen this before when clubs wait in hopes the player will figure it out. Best to admit the mistake early and get a good return.
MTL went with 2 invites in net and both of them are not AHL material, they were terrible. Toronto were better on the PP but we're dominated 5on5.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Epic post.
Flyers lost vs Rangers with Michkov but won against the same opponent without him. You think they should trade him while he still has value?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Epic post.
Flyers lost vs Rangers with Michkov but won against the same opponent without him. You think they should trade him while he still has value?
Reinbacher thread. We’ve all seen over the years where a top five pick doesn’t turn out. Yzerman was fast in Tampa to accept Drouin wasn’t what was hoped for so he moved him early for Sergachev. IMO Hughes should consider doing the same with Reinbacher. Identify another young player and (if the other club agrees) make the trade. Don’t let the grapes die on the vine.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
We had two invites in net, dominated the play and still missing our best forwards prospects (Hage and Demidov) and our best goalie prospect (Fowler).

About the bolded - Thanks but we’re good.

Reactions: viceroy and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We had two invites in net, dominated the play and still missing our best forwards prospects (Hage and Demidov) and our best goalie prospect (Fowler).

About the bolded - Thanks but we’re good.
That’s all good. But I look at what Yzerman did early when he accepted Drouin wasn’t what was hoped at 3OA and got Sergachev and just think Hughes should consider doing the same with Reinbacher. Make good come from bad.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That’s all good. But I look at what Yzerman did early when he accepted Drouin wasn’t what was hoped at 3OA and got Sergachev and just think Hughes should consider doing the same with Reinbacher. Make good come from bad.
What do you mean? Drouin was off of a 52 points in 71 games season at 20 years old. That trade was more about Drouin wanting out than anything else

Reactions: viceroy and Anardil

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What do you mean? Drouin was off of a 52 points in 71 games season at 20 years old. That trade was more about Drouin wanting out than anything else
We, as fans, see those numbers as important but Yzerman knew early what he had in Drouin (not a guy he could win with) so he made the trade for Sergachev. I’m not saying the Habs could get anyone nearly so good as Sergachev for Reinbacher but imo they should move the pkayer now while he has value. And maybe they get a Sergachev type return.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It’s more than 1 game though . It’s a whole disastrous d plus 1 season . Could he bounce back ? Absolutely, but his year went about as poorly as a highly drafted players could ( barring major injury ) . Maybe Laval is a better environment to grow .
Lol. He was very good in Laval last year.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Reinbacher thread. We’ve all seen over the years where a top five pick doesn’t turn out. Yzerman was fast in Tampa to accept Drouin wasn’t what was hoped for so he moved him early for Sergachev. IMO Hughes should consider doing the same with Reinbacher. Identify another young player and (if the other club agrees) make the trade. Don’t let the grapes die on the vine.
This is Reinbacher thread, not Clown-training school.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Lol. He was very good in Laval last year.
Meaningless sample size( 11 games lol ) , games of no consequence . What I was referring to was his underwhelming play in the NL ( 35 game sample ) ; but of course you knew this, hence your silly reply, that has no mention of his quality of play there . Extremely telling

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If you read this thread or my posts, you would know that I'm Swiss born. I watched Reinbacher as much as anybody here and I know as much about European pro hockey as anybody here. If you're interested in my player evaluations (and wanna find out why your posts were stupid) then I suggest reading my posts. I don't expect everybody to agree with me on everything but if somebody (like you or a few others in this thread) clearly doesn't have a clue then that's pretty easy for me to tell.

As fantastic as he is with the puck, Mailloux has no idea how to play against the puck. He was horrible against the puck in the OHL already and from the bit I saw, his AHL play hasn't been any better. A prospect that surely isn't a lost cause yet but for now honestly remains rather frustrating to watch. Reinbacher isn't exactly a shutdown defenseman either but he's still a lot more solid despite being younger. I think he may have passed Mailloux already in the depth chart.
So of course you have no bias … lol give me a break and get off your high horse .

Last edited:

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Meaningless sample size( 11 games lol ) , games of no consequence . What I was referring to was his underwhelming play in the NL ( 35 game sample ) ; but of course you knew this, hence your silly reply, that has no mention of his quality of play there . Extremely telling
No, the silly part is calling him a bust at this stage.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad