Non-Minnesota NHL News VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Alt was moved today in a weird deal with Philly today along with Boucher from Carolina. If Carolina was going to toss him for pretty much nothing, wish the Wild would have been in the mix. :laugh:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Kind of impressed that the NHL actually showed Wild players and fans in those "Hockey is back" commercials .... normally we are too irrelevant to include in that stuff.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

index.php

Billy Mays Here*

Glad to see Oiler fans admitting they were wrong about not heeding our warning about Barker when they signed him. Now it's basically Oiler and Wild fans bashing Barker in that thread and Canuck fans making attempts to defend the signing. Sorry Vany, but you can't defend that signing, especially since it's a one way deal.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
To be fair, the Wild traded fairly significant assets to acquire Barker and the Oilers paid him well; with both teams expecting him to fill a worthwhile role. That isn't exactly the case for Nucky.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Glad to see Oiler fans admitting they were wrong about not heeding our warning about Barker when they signed him. Now it's basically Oiler and Wild fans bashing Barker in that thread and Canuck fans making attempts to defend the signing. Sorry Vany, but you can't defend that signing, especially since it's a one way deal.

It's the same optimism I had when we traded for him back in 2010. Only difference is he was only a 1-time failure at that point.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
Paying Players Not To Play?

Under the new CBA you can no longer bury big money contracts in the minors (first $900K exempt but the rest counts against the cap). And ... injured players are not eligible for compliance buy-outs. That's likely going to result in the Rangers telling Wayne Redden to go home and collect $5M in salary for not playing this year (they aren't going to want to take the risk of injury and end up with his $5.6M cap hit for next season). Ouch.

Looks like the Habs are going to do the same thing with Scott Gomez. They'll pay him $5.5M this year not to play so they can be assured of erasing his $6.5M cap hit next year. Ouch again.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Paying Players Not To Play?

Under the new CBA you can no longer bury big money contracts in the minors (first $900K exempt but the rest counts against the cap). And ... injured players are not eligible for compliance buy-outs. That's likely going to result in the Rangers telling Wayne Redden to go home and collect $5M in salary for not playing this year (they aren't going to want to take the risk of injury and end up with his $5.6M cap hit for next season). Ouch.

Looks like the Habs are going to do the same thing with Scott Gomez. They'll pay him $5.5M this year not to play so they can be assured of erasing his $6.5M cap hit next year. Ouch again.

Damn. Where can I apply for these sweet gigs?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ugh....I tell ya some fans and their victim mentality. Someone please explain to me how Nucks' fans think all the chaos and criticism in the Barker thread is about them and NOT Cam Barker himself? It is ALL about Cam Barker!! Fans would be flying off the handles no matter WHO signed him. And Vancouver fans were just as involved in bashing the Oilers when they signed the guy. But now suddenly they change their tunes?

Yowsers!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale

Man I already miss this guy. He would have filled out our second line so well. Imagine Lats - Granny - Seto. The perfect mix of size speed and skill. Is there anyway we can trade Cullen for Lats haha. I wish he could have stayed. He can have such an impact when healthy. I hope he does well this year. Supposedly he will be playing on a line with Alfie and Turris so I expect him to get his points.

Billy Mays Here*

Granted he kinda blew us off, but I'm still gonna be rooting for Lats big time this year. It's really hard not to like the guy and if he can stay healthy, I expect some good numbers out of the guy. Don't think many of the Sens' fans realize just how good Big Bear is when he's healthy and in shape. Wish we could've re-signed him too but as other have pointed out, if we did that, we probably wouldn't have had sufficient room to sign Parise and Suter. Can you imagine if we would've moved, say, Cullen, to make more room and been able to re-sign Lats along with signing Parise/Suter though?

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Clutter
Lats - Brodziak - Clutter
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell

:bow:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Granted he kinda blew us off, but I'm still gonna be rooting for Lats big time this year. It's really hard not to like the guy and if he can stay healthy, I expect some good numbers out of the guy. Don't think many of the Sens' fans realize just how good Big Bear is when he's healthy and in shape. Wish we could've re-signed him too but as other have pointed out, if we did that, we probably wouldn't have had sufficient room to sign Parise and Suter. Can you imagine if we would've moved, say, Cullen, to make more room and been able to re-sign Lats along with signing Parise/Suter though?

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Clutter
Lats - Brodziak - Clutter
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell

:bow:

The player so nice you list him twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad