Non-Minnesota NHL News VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I knew from the second I saw this alot of the devil fans would be all about how he's worth more to them then Parise

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
From what I have seen of Zajac, he is a strong player.

Not $6 mil a year strong though...ouch...

If he means that much to the Devils, then all the power to them. I'm just surprised he got that length with that cap hit.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So, uh, here's our former defender now playing for the Avs.

159536354_slide.jpg

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Only in response to the other fan bases.

oooohhh i thought you meant Zajac. you mean Parise. no, that was more about commenting on their general bitterness and demonstrated capacity for delusion. "Parise is never leaving, he's the greatest, the heart and soul captain, hardest worker in the NHL etc etc" to "Pretty much everyone was more important to the Devils success than Parise."
it comes up fairly frequently.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
That's at least two years longer and a million higher than I would have re-signed Zajac for. I think it's a terrible buy for New Jersey.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He's a comparable player to Koivu, not as good, but that's why he got $1m less. The only questionable aspect is the years, but it's better than the alternative.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
He's a comparable player to Koivu, not as good, but that's why he got $1m less. The only questionable aspect is the years, but it's better than the alternative.
Zajac is the latest edition of Brendan Morrison. A decent center that leeches off of superior wing linemates. I couldn't say he's comparable to Koivu since Koivu is on a much higher level. Koivu consistently leads his team in points, sometimes by a large margin. Zajac has never come close to leading his team in points, usually running well behind the top guns. The fact that Zajac got another year and close to the same cash per season is ridiculous.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zajac is the latest edition of Brendan Morrison. A decent center that leeches off of superior wing linemates. I couldn't say he's comparable to Koivu since Koivu is on a much higher level. Koivu consistently leads his team in points, sometimes by a large margin. Zajac has never come close to leading his team in points, usually running well behind the top guns. The fact that Zajac got another year and close to the same cash per season is ridiculous.

Well, agree to disagree. New Jersey fans, the ones that watch him 82+ times per year, also disagree (by and large). So, what would've been fair, considering the circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad