Proposal: Njd-Det

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Detroit

Reid Boucher

3rd round puck

New Jersey

Gustav Nyquist

Devils shore up the right side with a young forward who fits into our fast, attacking style. Detroit gets cap relief and a young home town kid ready to break out. Boucher scored at a 40 point pace last year, but his skating makes him a less than ideal fit for Hynes' system.

Thoughts?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No thanks adding Boucher and subtracting Nyquist would be a major step backwards. Looking at Boucher's numbers he's not nearly as good as Nyquist right now. And besides weren't doing forward for forward deal here. If either one of Nyquist or Tatar get dealt it's for D help not more forwards that we don't need. Pretty sure that Mantha, AA, Svechnikov will be better then Boucher this deal is bad for us and we don't need Boucher for Nyquist so no thank you.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Nyquist looks like a 50 point player to me, who makes 4 million a year. Red Wings are 4 million over the cap. Even with LTIR, they'll have less than 1 million in cap space this year. Unless they buy out Jimmy Howard, they'll need to ship someone out, like the Blackhawks have. If I'm a GM, Nyquist is the lowest player in the pecking order I'd be willing to deal for.

Boucher is a cheap replacement who can step in right now. The way I see it, with the whole playoff streak being important I'd say futures aren't what Holland will want.

Boucher can score 40 points, and he won't make more than 1.2. I'd say he's a fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Nyquist looks like a 50 point player to me, who makes 4 million a year. Red Wings are 4 million over the cap. Even with LTIR, they'll have less than 1 million in cap space this year. Unless they buy out Jimmy Howard, they'll need to ship someone out, like the Blackhawks have. If I'm a GM, Nyquist is the lowest player in the pecking order I'd be willing to deal for.

Boucher is a cheap replacement who can step in right now. The way I see it, with the whole playoff streak being important I'd say futures aren't what Holland will want.

Boucher can score 40 points, and he won't make more than 1.2. I'd say he's a fit.

Thanks for your concern. We'll keep the better player.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Red Wings will explore several avenues for cap relief before they would make a desperate/terrible trade like this.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit

Reid Boucher

3rd round puck

New Jersey

Gustav Nyquist

Devils shore up the right side with a young forward who fits into our fast, attacking style. Detroit gets cap relief and a young home town kid ready to break out. Boucher scored at a 40 point pace last year, but his skating makes him a less than ideal fit for Hynes' system.

Thoughts?

Hate to burst your bubble? But Nyquist value is worth a lot more then an AHL player like Boucher plus a 3rd round pick. Nyquist value is easily a mid 1st round pick and that's more value then both Boucher and the 3rd combined.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Detroit laughs at this.

And Boucher isn't a 40-point player until he is scores 40 points. No team is going to steeply downgrade in the short-term, in the name of 'potential' and 'projection over 82 games.' Come on now.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Boucher has scored 27 points in 73 games with the Devils, And he scored only 32 points last season with the Devils farm club. Where are you coming up with 40 points here for Boucher. Stating that he has the potential to score that much which is still 10-20 points less then Nyquist potential is ludicrous. That's like us Wing fans saying that Mantha has the potential to be a 40 goal per season player until it happens. It's only a fantasy dream.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Boucher has scored 27 points in 73 games with the Devils, And he scored only 32 points last season with the Devils farm club. Where are you coming up with 40 points here for Boucher. Stating that he has the potential to score that much which is still 10-20 points less then Nyquist potential is ludicrous. That's like us Wing fans saying that Mantha has the potential to be a 40 goal per season player until it happens. It's only a fantasy dream.

I'm using his most recent season, where he finally broke out as an NHL contributor.

I'm fairly high on Boucher, but I can understand if people are skeptical.

That said, this is pretty good value for a cap crunch deal. It's either something like this or a couple of picks like Teravainen got.

Suddenly Zyuzin

Jan 14, 2007
Edison, New Jersey

I mean they were touting Zajac as a 60 point scorer for years.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Detroit already has a few forwards in Grand Rapids who could better replace Nyquist than Boucher could. He really does nothing for them, he would have no roster spot. Wings don't need to make a move, all cap concerns will be settled with LTIR and players getting sent back to GR or waived.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Detroit already has a few forwards in Grand Rapids who could better replace Nyquist than Boucher could. He really does nothing for them, he would have no roster spot. Wings don't need to make a move, all cap concerns will be settled with LTIR and players getting sent back to GR or waived.

With LTIR you have like $400,000 in cap space. That's not even enough to call someone up. It's an untenable situation. If I was a Red Wings fan I'd be praying for a Jimmy Howard buyout. Something has to give otherwise.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
With LTIR you have like $400,000 in cap space. That's not even enough to call someone up. It's an untenable situation. If I was a Red Wings fan I'd be praying for a Jimmy Howard buyout. Something has to give otherwise.

Plenty of teams deal with having very limited space all season. It's not the best place to be but it's workable. The NHL is pretty lenient with emergency call ups for injured players who won't require LTIR. And if they do go on LTIR then space is freed up to call someone up legitimately.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
find me the posters who tout Zajac as a 60 point center anymore...I will wait.

Zajac is a 40 point center who is elite defensively. Nothing more, nothing less.
You're missing the part where he said for years. I'm sure even Devils fans realize his offensive limitations by now, but I do remember a couple of years ago when people thought he was a 60 point center.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Santini alone would cost you Larkin. And considering where we are on D I don't think we even do that.

We're not the ones in a cap crunch. There's no basis for a move like that.

Lol right Santini drafted 42nd overall in the 2013 draft. Best year 19 points with Boston College would cost us Larkin yeah in what world. He's no Ekblad or OEL or Justin Faulk over rate Santini much.

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
Santini alone would cost you Larkin. And considering where we are on D I don't think we even do that.

We're not the ones in a cap crunch. There's no basis for a move like that.

We are not in a bad enough situation we would deal Nyquist for this package. If we wanted to call up a player we would have to waive a player to clear roster space anyways or it would be a LTIR situation where we get relief anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad