PTO: [NJD] D Jakub Zboril signs PTO with the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9355.jpeg

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
There may be something to salvage here. In 22/23 he started to look like a legitimate NHL defenseman playing bottom pairing minutes with the Bs until he blew his knee out that shelved him for the rest of the season and he never seemed to get back to the level he was at before the injury. Last season the Bruins had like 9 NHL level defensemen so he fell victim to the numbers game and just rotted in Providence until he was shipped out to CBJ.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
There may be something to salvage here. In 22/23 he started to look like a legitimate NHL defenseman playing bottom pairing minutes with the Bs until he blew his knee out that shelved him for the rest of the season and he never seemed to get back to the level he was at before the injury. Last season the Bruins had like 9 NHL level defensemen so he fell victim to the numbers game and just rotted in Providence until he was shipped out to CBJ.

Devils already have their top 7 basically set between Hamilton, Pesce, Siegenthaler, Dillon, Hughes, Nemec and Kovacevic - though DeSimone & Hatakka (both of whom looked good in NJ last season in limited action and to a lesser extent Misyul will also be fighting for a spot.

He might be some insurance if either of Hatakka or DeSimone get claimed on waivers.

Reactions: BHD and Czechboy

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The Devils’ last preseason game (Philadelphia Sept 3) is only 18 hours before their first regular season game across the pond in Czechia.

So they likely have their full actual regular season roster already with the team in Europe when that Philly game is played. But all preseason games have mandatory NHL-experience minimums (8 players who played at least 30 the preceding season or 100 career, or that year’s first rounders)

This is a warm body with NHL experience that stays in Philadelphia while all the actual NHL level players are in Czechia.

Reactions: VeteranPresence

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
No wait he doesn’t even meet any of that!! I guess he’s just another camp body even not meeting the experience minimums.

• Wow
Reactions: QuizGuy66

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The Devils’ last preseason game (Philadelphia Sept 3) is only 18 hours before their first regular season game across the pond in Czechia.

So they likely have their full actual regular season roster already with the team in Europe when that Philly game is played. But all preseason games have mandatory NHL-experience minimums (8 players who played at least 30 the preceding season or 100 career, or that year’s first rounders)

This is a warm body with NHL experience that stays in Philadelphia while all the actual NHL level players are in Czechia.

I would imagine that they would get some sort of exemption for that.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
No wait he doesn’t even meet any of that!! I guess he’s just another camp body even not meeting the experience minimums.

I would imagine that they would get some sort of exemption for that.
Yeah, teams doing the European tour get the rules relaxes a little

That said, this may be my pick for the PTO most likely to be successful

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Simon Nemec did get hurt (shoulder) last week during Slovakia's Olympic qualifier. Not sure if I saw any new prognosis other than he'd be flying back to New Jersey for a check up. They said it wasn't a dislocation or a broken bone, but maybe that puts Nemec out for a part of preseason?

Maybe Zboril's mindset is that Nemec could miss the start of the season and then he could beat out Hatakka/DeSimone for the opening night #7 spot?

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec (injury?)
-----------
Hatakka-Kovacevic
Zboril (PTO)-DeSimone
-----------
Misyul-Casey

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
First the Devils had Senyshyn. Now they have Zboril. Next up DeBrusk?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I will always cheer for him... But I also think the devil's are a legit good team. I can t see them having a need for him.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he plays another NHL game in his career.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really is wild to look at 2015 and see "games played" and it is just stacked in experience

then 76 games played then 16 then right back into the hundreds of games played.

just so polarizing

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Anything Zboril shows in terms of skill is quickly negated by a subpar hockey IQ. I guess that's why he's signing a PTO and not a bonafide contract at this point in his career.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad