Confirmed Trade: [NJD/CGY] Jacob Markstrom for Kevin Bahl, 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected); Flames retain 31.25%

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I seriously doubt Allen is involved, he has a NTC and it took EVERYTHING to convince him to go to NJ.

I don't think his NTC is really relevant, Allen only has a 7 team NTC.

I think the more relevant part is that teams need 2 good goalies and Allen at $1.925 million is pretty damn nice to have as a backup. I figure New Jersey would want to run with a Markstrom-Allen tandem rather than sending Allen out.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
f*** I hate waiting. Somewhere between their first straight up to like a 3rd and a nobody prospect.

That's the range I have it narrowed down to.
1st and prospect for sure. There might be other pieces. But there will be a 1st and prospect.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Ulmark is a bad fit for Ottawa. They give up too many high dangers. They'd be better off with Saros or Markstrom.

So how are they gonna force Markstrom to waive his NMC to come there? If you're so smart, please tell us.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
As an Oilers fan, I feel like the Flames are going make out as bandits here. I am not just high on Markstrom, but maybe its because Edmonton lights Markstrom up like a Christmas tree.
We're going to do well on this one. That's because Markstrom is a perfect fit in NJ. Brings leadership and he's good with a dumpster fire defensively going on in front of him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Definitely. 34, 6m AAV for 2 years and his performance the past two years? I'd go further than the other guy and say 75% of the league would skip him on waivers. Needs to be at least 50% retention for him to bring back any decent value

People criticizing his performance last year don’t know what they’re talking about and are just looking at save percentage. He was one of the best in the league the majority of the year and while he fell off a little once the Flames traded guys away, he was still well above average on the year in terms of goals above expected

@Rafafouille laughing at your own ignorance I see

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
not if there are multiple players in this deal apparently being reported by lebrun
I think there's a chance NJ is dumping some cap on us. If it's Holtz and the 1st I'd be fine with that. I'm not as high on Casey as most people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad