Confirmed Trade: [NJD/CGY] Jacob Markstrom for Kevin Bahl, 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected); Flames retain 31.25%

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay I actually don't think that's too bad for either side. A 2025 1st is presumably a late one with significantly improved goaltending and Bahl is pretty much just a throw-in.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Meh, Devils should be comfortably in the playoffs next season. Bahl is a throw-in.

Calgary did fine all things considered, but it’s not 10th overall.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
As an Oilers fan, I feel like the Flames are going make out as bandits here. I am not just high on Markstrom, but maybe its because Edmonton lights Markstrom up like a Christmas tree.
I feel like this is like calgary is doing everything to make oilers fans mad. It has been said that bettman doesn't want trades to happen during the stanley cup final.

It almost worked with lindholm and zadarov to canucks, and now one last attempt at trying to take attention away from the oilers when the cup has actually become realistic possibility.

Bond

May 10, 2012
It has been fun Devil's fans! I am happy with the return. This solidly sets Calgary on the rebuild path as well.

Reactions: Boomstick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think all of the "Holtz and a 2nd" or "1st and a prospect" type of suggestions in here ended up pretty close. I don't think much of Bahl as a prospect, he's more of a depth defenseman throw-in IMO, but I don't think there's some massive difference in value between that and what was thrown out in here.

Not a bad deal for either side, especially if you assume that New Jersey's 2025 1st will be in the 20s or later.

Reactions: Arkadiusz

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Are you going to admit that I'm ALWAYS right after it comes through?
Hey you were right. Kudos for that. But, Markstrom at this stage in his career will be a much better fit in New Jersey. Plus the fact that NJD held onto 10A, Holtz, Casey is a win for them too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad