Giordano wants to play a few more years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
He's mot gonna be an NHL'er in few more years, maybe not even in 2 years.. He's already 40, and the decline just gets faster and faster from there.

Completely different story if he was, lets say, something like 37.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I remember thinking Jarome left on slightly icy terms and he's back.

I'm not saying I would necessarily want Gio back, but just that I'd be open to the conversation.

Still Backlunds team...

But the professionalism of Giordano could be good for our young players to be around.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Wouldn’t be my least favourite option, but the blue line already looks overcrowded with bodies and Andersson/Weegar should be good enough mentors for those guys.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
He's done. The only upside to signing him would be that he'd help with the tank given Huska would almost certainly overplay him.

Downsides are he'd block the spot of someone more useful and his relaxed, country club like mentality is the exact opposite of what the Flames should be building.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
He's mot gonna be an NHL'er in few more years, maybe not even in 2 years.. He's already 40, and the decline just gets faster and faster from there.

Completely different story if he was, lets say, something like 37.
He was a healthy scratch for a pretty terrible looking Toronto defense corps down the stretch, he’s barely even an NHLer now

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If he wants to come here for a year to be tank commander that sounds good to me.
If we don't re-sign Kylington, I'd be down. Let him munch minutes. Otherwise, nah. I don't want Solo or Miro to lose minutes for a nostalgia act.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I would rather our younger guys get a shot. With that said, if Gio pulls a Stone out and signs league minimum to be a 7th D-man that plays 15 games a year? Sure, he could be a good mentor on some of the younger D. If he wants full season playing time, then I absolutely hope we stay away from him until that 1 day contract so he can retire a Flame.

Reactions: Figgy44

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I would wait until august and if he is not signed with a team I would sign him for 1 year @ 2 million or less and if he retires have his number retires right away not years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad