Seravalli: NJ is actively looking to trade John Marino- Canucks mentioned.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Can none of these guys play their offhand? This is one of the weirder hockey things. I never played pro hockey, but I played junior A. Playing your offhand is really only mildly inconvenient on puck retrievals. It's not super hard otherwise.
If they sign Pesce, he did have some experience playing his off hand back in the day, so that's an option.

Sean Walker, if they sign him, has also played his off hand.

I will say that Marino played his off hand last year with Nemec and it was a disaster. That may have been just because of the skillset of those two, but it was bad.

Not sure Dougie has ever played the the left.

Ross Colton for Marino.
I'd 100% do that as a devils fan

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This is a stupid rumor that was taken from a Devils HFBoards thread.

The Devils cannot talk with Pesce yet so they aren't going to trade Marino to make room for Pesce.

Well if you if ignore the legitimate insiders who have reported this, then yeah, just a rumor drummed up by the Devils board where the general consensus is “this move doesn’t entirely make sense.”

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
American kid with an 8 team ntc…. Biggest hurdle….
Canucks are a good team in one of the best cities in the league, right on the border, with a huge part of their core being American players. I don’t think it would be that difficult to get him to waive to come to the Canucks if he has all the Canadian teams on his list.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

devsfan8

Aug 23, 2005
South Jersey
IF the Devils are gonna trade Marino, it should be for a left handed D man or a middle 6 type forward that addresses an immediate need. And then follow up with signing Pesce. Would Marino at 3 more years and 4.5 mill be enough straight up for Ehlers?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
This is a stupid rumor that was taken from a Devils HFBoards thread.

The Devils cannot talk with Pesce yet so they aren't going to trade Marino to make room for Pesce.
I could be wrong but didn't they open a negotiation period of a week before UFA a few years ago where teams can talk to UFAs to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad