GDT: NJ Devils @ Montréal Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Pacioretty is those kind of players who can't create anything for himself. He needs to be fed the puck at the right place at the right time. He's so bad with the puck. That dangerous pass to Weber on the PP is so typical of him.

He needs someone to get him the puck but at the same time the guy doesn't get much better with better linemates. He just shoots. All the time. That's all he can do. He has a great shot, but that's all he can do.

He doesn't hit, he doesn't hustle, he doesn't skate... He doesn't backcheck, he doesn't play defense.

The difference between this year and last year is people are too slow to fish the puck for him. Radulov did it well. Patch got lazy and now he can't keep up.

If they don't trade him this year it's a missed opportunity.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Yes,that is why a team like Pittsburgh will want Pacioretty because they have elite centers to get him the puck.
His foot speed just isn't there anymore. He can't cherry pick and score on those 2 on 1's/odd man rushes, like he used to do for 90% of his goals.

He's a total bum at this point.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Let's get real, you were done with him before he was drafted. Didn't you come out and say he wouldn't amount to anything ? For all the flack I take for hating on the jewel Carey Price... you seem to have it in for Drouin.. and he's barely played with us.

Expectations were set with Drouin. He has not even come close. Not his fault, but it is what it is.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Quite easy to see why New jersey have a lot of succes since the beginning of the season. They have a lot of good puck moving D's. Butcher is really good, really sucks that Bergevin didn't even try to sign him when we miss a first LD and a second LD and when we have like one regular puck moving D (petry)

Almost everyone saw this coming in July when we built a defense of non puck movers. It was so obvious. It was honestly like SHOCKINGLY obvious. The only people who didn't see it were those who deluded themselves into thinking that this team would move the puck with "short, CRISP passes!"

That's an actual quote. I forget who said it but I'll never forget the words. Someone actually claimed these dmen would transition the puck with "short, CRISP passes!"

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
His foot speed just isn't there anymore. He can't cherry pick and score on those 2 on 1's/odd man rushes, like he used to do for 90% of his goals.

He's a total bum at this point.

It's only gonna get worse from now on. You can already tell that he's the kind of player that won't be around for too long after his prime.

If MB resigns him to anything over what he's currently making...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's only gonna get worse from now on. You can already tell that he's the kind of player that won't be around for too long after his prime.

If MB resigns him to anything over what he's currently making...

He better not re-sign him at all. If this guy plays out his contract with us it'll be as stupid a mistake as trading Subban was.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Can someone explain to me why Froese is playing over DLR.. I don't understand... I really don't.... like why ? Froese is a garbage AHLer with zero NHL future or potential... DLR is better right now... I don't even...

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Off topic question. Has anyone else noticed the amount of empty seats league wide? I watch quite a few games and it seems worse this year than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad