Proposal: Nj - Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Unless NJ became a contender overnight (they didn't), this deal makes no sense.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we have to give them a first round pick for him too, if we make the playoffs?

I'd almost think they'd want to unload him as a cap dump if they're gonna get rid of him?

I'm not really sure if Chara is any good or not anymore, I'm assuming that he's not that bad though. At least not just yet.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Chara has two years left in the league, MAX. You think we're winning the cup in the next two years?

I didn't think so.

Do you think you would win the Cup in the next two years with Chara? Or with any other defenseman in the league? I didn't think so.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bostons defense already sucks with Chara...

Even as bad as the Bruins defense is, they aren't making their defense worse unless it's near the deadline and they are numerically out of it. I'd like to say obviously out of it, but I think they'd still push for the playoffs.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Chara is a shell of his former self. I'd trade Merrill and a 2nd that's it's. If ya don't like it that's cool we'll look somewhere else.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
whether he is or isn't... clearly you aren't a qualified judge.

those who are disagree with you

What did this have to do with anything I posted? :laugh:

Chara isn't a 1D. Plenty of people would agree with me. Just because he was used as one on a pretty piss poor defensively Bruins squad, doesn't make him one.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wow is this a dumb trade. Lets trade for a 39 year old when we're competing for a PLAYOFF SPOT. It makes zero sense to trade for someone that old when we're not even sure if we'll make it

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
Chara's still a 1st pairing D-man, maybe not a #1 anymore but very much still capable of playing at least #2 duties. Just not good enough to carry someone else as well, and since the Bruins don't have a RHD better than a #5, he sometimes looks worse than he is.

Of course, if Chara were to be traded, which isn't gonna happen, it wouldn't make much sense for NJ to be interested. But Boston wouldn't take that deal either, nothing really appealing there except I guess the first round pick, but that's conditional too.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Why the hell would the Devils want to mortage the future for an old used up Chara. Stupid proposal.

image.jpg

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
No. I firmly believe the Devils will be fine without Larsson. This giant, massive "hole" in the defense. I think people need to put the bottle down. If the Devils can have a top 10 defense with Peter freaking Harrold, then why should I worry about Lovejoy/Santini, Auvitu, Jacobs, Mozik.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
What nobody has mentioned to this point is that a futures based deal for an established player taking place between 2 teams that will be duking it out for the same wild card spot makes less than zero sense for the team giving up the established player.

Even if it is fair value in terms of assets (not sure it is), there is no way the Bruins do this.

I'm not sure it makes NJ a playoff team, but it definitely takes Boston out of playoff contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad