Proposal: Nj - Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
NJ passes on this one. If this was the Chara from 2010 then I'd definitely trade for him

I'd trade for the 2016 Karlsson as well..

Chara is massively underrated around here. The guy is still a solid top pairing D. No he can't be counted on as the top guy anymore, but give him either a second pairing to anchor or let him.compliment an offensive D and he is still an incredible asset.

Not his fault he's surrounded by bottom pairing D.

Group Chat Legend*

I'd trade for the 2016 Karlsson as well..

Chara is massively underrated around here. The guy is still a solid top pairing D. No he can't be counted on as the top guy anymore, but give him either a second pairing to anchor or let him.compliment an offensive D and he is still an incredible asset.

Not his fault he's surrounded by bottom pairing D.

Chara is not still a top dman. But he is a top 4 still

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Chara is not still a top dman. But he is a top 4 still

Only the Larsson/Greene pairing had a hard combination of QoC + defensive zone starts than Chara. Chara's primary partner, Zach Trotman, is going to be the #7/8 D in LA this year. You can easily argue that Chara had the hardest job of any defenseman in the NHL last year. Despite starting in that kind of hole, he scored more than Larsson/Greene COMBINED. But... sure... whatever you say sport.

Regarding the OP, regardless of value, Bruins have no reason to do it. They don't need more middle of the roster futures and they already have cap space.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Chara wouldnt get a 2nd alone hes so old

An incredible amount of ignorance. Chara still is a high end shut down defenseman. He'd improve every team; even now he is at worst a low end #1, high end #2.

A few posters start whispers about Z, rival fans jump on board and before you know it Chara isn't even worth a 2nd to some fans.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Not sure about the trade, but man, Chara's demise as a player is seriously overblown here. He can't carry the Zach Trotman's of the world for 30 minutes/game anymore, but he's still a legit #2.

I'll put it this way...if the Bruins decide to be sellers at the deadline (and if Chara waives his NMC), then adding Chara to your top 4 would probably be the absolute biggest deal at the deadline. He's just not a 30 minute/game type dominant guy anymore, but he's got a few good top 4 years left in his tank.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Chara is going to be 40 years old this year.

there is no way that Shero entertains a trade like this whatsoever no matter if the value is fair or not.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Maybe if Lou was still in charge the Devils would consider a deal for Chara.

Luckily, Shero is not looking at any short term fixes.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
The only way Chara moves:
Boston out of playoff picture
Waives NTC
Goes to contender
At the TDL
For B prospect(s) preferably in the 23 year old range, guy(s) gunning for a full-time spot (like Morrow, C. Miller)

That's my take on his situation anyways.

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
Only the Larsson/Greene pairing had a hard combination of QoC + defensive zone starts than Chara. Chara's primary partner, Zach Trotman, is going to be the #7/8 D in LA this year. You can easily argue that Chara had the hardest job of any defenseman in the NHL last year. Despite starting in that kind of hole, he scored more than Larsson/Greene COMBINED. But... sure... whatever you say sport.

Regarding the OP, regardless of value, Bruins have no reason to do it. They don't need more middle of the roster futures and they already have cap space.

This. Chara and Trotman anchored a first pairing that got the Bruins within a win of the playoffs. The year before he did the same thing with an even worse defensive partner. He's an excellent penalty killer, can score 10 goals, can play the front of the net on the PP and still has a massive shot. He's in great physical shape and is relatively injury free. If the Bruins find a top 4 dman for him to play with, I put that pairing in the top 6 or 7 in the league in terms of offensive and defensive capabilities. Even at 39 there are still lots of tread on that tire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad