Value of: Nikita Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Lot of teams on hot seat with really butt defense....just embarrassing stuff.

Pressure cooker is heating up so defense value going to be higher than expected.

Pittsburgh - woof
Toronto -- woof woof
Edmonton -- who let the dogs out?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He’s 6’5. Skates like the wind. Is on pace for 35 points on a team that doesn’t score. And is arguably the heaviest hitter in the league, him or Trouba.

You’re right he’s worth a 4th rounder hahahahahahaha
He's a rental, inconsistent and prone to blunders. He's not getting a 1st. That's insane. But then again, an incredibly stupid GM gave up a 1st to dump Monahan....

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lot of teams on hot seat with really butt defense....just embarrassing stuff.

Pressure cooker is heating up so defense value going to be higher than expected.

Pittsburgh - woof
Toronto -- woof woof
Edmonton -- who let the dogs out?

Not disagreeing but Carolina is 0.14 lower than Toronto and 0.67 above Pittsburgh in GA/GP... why point not call out your own team?

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
It is so typical for Leaf’s fans proposals.
I really like the player and also, I do not want to give anything of value for him.
That's more or less how the majority of people operate on HFboards, and not specific to Leafs fans.

The thing a lot of people seem to forget is that team with control and what the market is willing to offer, sets the value of a player.

Also, trades are a business transaction and mutual respect is needed to be able to negotiate effectively. Imagine walking into a store and consistently offering far less than the tagged price, and arguing your case every time. After a while, the store manager/ owner just stops wanting to do business with you because you're wasting their time and being a disrespectful business partner.

Although that's a very simplistic example, being a respectful business partner is a reality of a GM's job, and therefore forcefully lowballing isn't a great long-term strategy. Armchair GMs of course aren't concerned with their reputation or relationships.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I mean Chiarot got a 1st lol. I think he ends up getting a 2nd + b prospect but he is the prototypical guy that gets overpaid for
This is proof that Habs fans and all other fans are the same. Believing that because Chiarot got a 1st means that similar dmen will garner a 1st is a fallacy.

Yes there are stupid GMs out there. But you can't bank on stupidity to justify a trade proposal.

Zadorov is not worth a 1st by any measure.

Reactions: Steeler23

Bond

May 10, 2012
This is proof that Habs fans and all other fans are the same. Believing that because Chiarot got a 1st means that similar dmen will garner a 1st is a fallacy.

Yes there are stupid GMs out there. But you can't bank on stupidity to justify a trade proposal.

Oh I agree, he shouldn't be worth a 1st but it is like free agency every year, GMs do dumb things. 2nd + b prospect and I am happy. Anything above that is gravy. I can only justify a 1st if the Flames are taking back a cap dump to accommodate.

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oh I agree, he shouldn't be worth a 1st but it is like free agency every year, GMs do dumb things. 2nd + b prospect and I am happy. Anything above that is gravy. I can only justify a 1st if the Flames are taking back a cap dump to accommodate.
In that case, i agree with you. If the Leafs include Klingberg... the Flames are due a 1st or equivalent.

I remember optimistic Canucks fans citing Ben Chiarot with Luke Schenn last year.

The market does vary year to year. Guys like Hanifin and Lindholm that will get the 1st round premium no matter what. YMMV on those below.
People need to stop citing Chiarot as a precedent. The Habs GM absolutely fleeced Florida that year. It was unbelievable.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Over the past history, what team always seems to want to get bigger rather than better....oh yeah, it's the Flames....sorry Z you're stuck where you are.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Bertuzzi got a conditional 1st
Granlund got a 2nd rounder
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

None of those players are as good as Zadorov and that was in a MUCH deeper draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad