Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 3

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How has he looked in terms of the eye test in the regular season games so far this year?
He's the second best player on planet earth. Maybe not the second most skilled, but the second most effective. I still believe we won't see as many points from him thus year simply because we won't be so dependant on offense to get into the playoffs. Even so, honestly I think he's underrated in a historical sense. I grew up watching the dominant Red Wings, and Kucherov is the best forward I've ever followed game by game. Better than any Lightning or Red Wings forward I saw. The only player I'd put above him is Lidstrom, of the guys I followed game by game.

Reactions: olli

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
16 SOG in 3 games.
If he's really trying to shoot more this season, he's definitely hitting 60G

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
16 SOG in 3 games.
If he's really trying to shoot more this season, he's definitely hitting 60G
We saw what happened when Yzerman called him fat. Screwing him out of MVP may have been that motivation he needed to reach whatever deeper level he has. It is kind of alarming how foul and temperamental his body language is out there. Not that he's unhappy and being a diva here. I am saying the chip on his shoulder reminds me of Tom Brady as opposed to Jordan. Jordan had everyone worshipping him and basked in his glory talking shit. Brady had critics saying others were better and was often petulant as hell but went out there and dazzled every game. Kucherov is nasty and volatile right now and I love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad