Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Would have lost that bet. I am indeed very Klink. My money is now on automated translation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401-111147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230401-111147_Chrome.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If he gets buried next season do we get any cap relief or does he make too much? I forget how that is broken down.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Most of you here are quite dumb. Jaded and should be hating yourselves for not controlling your stupid addiction. You are followers and Klink is your leader. I'm smart because I read just a little on hockey forums and post much less. I get the tanking thing, and ripping, and hating GMs. I learned I to root for the players while being indifferent about winning. Losing became easy depending on the time, as easy as it is for the lousy player, but fortunately I move on easier and don't go back needlessy. It's what bad ownership, wokeism, and the suckups will do to you. I like the large majority of players, and hockey itself, so I stay interested.

As a fan, or even as a player, you can't change anything about the draft. Players have to play their best, except for the fat ones. I've been watching the Flyers lately and I don't see fat ones. Torts may be the best for that. You often don't have to get # 1 or # 2 to get the best player - although not true for this year, but the current players can't give a damn. Nor should Torts.

The Kings and every team have gotten rid of an untold number of players (for nothing) that went on to be very good elsewhere. Do you geniuses think the players who play huge minutes necessarily deserve it? Or that minutes tell you the worth of a player or how much that player costs? Just as often it's because they have the highest salaries - they're overpaid for sure. Number one goalies get overplayed. The team suffers- most teams actually. They have players that would be quite good, but aren' because they don't play enough. The more good players a team has, the more likely it is to be a champion. One or two top players don't make a team.

I've always been someone who likes a team with a lot of grit. You can't win by playing smart without a significant gritty part. One thing I've always seen in the Flyers is grit. Not being a Flyer fan, they were still always a good team to watch because they made the game interesting, fun to watch. They always seemed to have one or two players right on the edge. One of the least boring teams in the league on a consistent basis. You should appreciate Deslauriers if you're smart. He's fun to watch and a good hockey player.

Why did the Kings trade Lemieux? I believe many on the Kings, many in management, believe he is a very good hockey player. I've heard them say it beyond their usual suckup modes. I've seen him play and I think he is good. But he's gotten hurt the last two years (same injury) and now that's a real concern. It should be the only concern. The Kings like most teams say they roll four lines when they don't, so those players usually don't get a chance to get better, let alone be good. Given that Lemieux fights, it disrupts playing time too. I'm not going to apologize for liking an occasional fight even when it ain't the best for the fighter. The Kings needed to get rid of at least one player because they didn't have a place to put put them. The player I think they would have traded, if not Lemieux, is Grundstrom (also a LW). Grundstrom is a young improving player and he was very good in the playoffs last year. That and possibly because he's a Swede are reasons for not trading him. The Kings have a few Swedes.

The Kings are quite happy with themselves, after many years of botchism. Blake finally got lucky and acquired Fiala, Arvidsson, and DeNault. Kopitar got older so the coach is now excused for not foolishly playing him 23 minutes a games and he's now a better player. Doughty still plays too many minutes but he's not as bad as he's been because he concentrates on defense. The Kings are coming out of a rebuild and young players have arrived and are arriving. Goalie no longer seems a concern. Things are going well so they know they will be giving up riches. They have skill, but I think they may be cheating on grit.

I do not believe they wanted MacEwen, nor do I believe they want to play him. It's all my opinion but I do not believe they wanted to trade Lemieux now except that it was too hard not to play him and they have a surplus a highly worthy players, and they mistreat their fourth line anyway. Most of their young players are their own high draft picks which are now being favored. They look bad to give up on the wrong one of those. It wouldn't have mattered that Lemieux is a LW even though they do have too many LWs, just like the Flyers. Like I said, I don't believe they wanted MacEwen. Blake does do some good things for players. I actually hate him, but he is good to friends. I believe he tried to get Brendan to a place where he could play. The Flyers weren't smart enough to make the trade without the 5r draft pick and Blake was smart enough to not fool around with things that don't matter. The Kings have an excess of players.

I did not know or suspect that Brendan was Claude's son until he'd been a King for several months. The reason for that is - I never heard it stated and I assumed I would have heard it if it was. I was a Claude Lemieux fan, especially when he played with the Avalanche. I watched live his two bad hits (in the infamous series) including the devastating one to Chris Draper. Chris Draper was considered a grinder but he was a terrific and key player for the Wings. This cemented Claude's reputation but in all the many other games I saw Claude play, he was not a dirty player, rather a very good one. Disagree all you want, of course Colonel Klink will, I only know what I saw. Many of Claude's biggest opponents are friends and respect him. I don't know that he's royalty, but he has a lot of friends in today's hockey. As a player, if he would have wanted to fight, it wouldn't have changed your attitude, nor helped his career. But perhaps that's why Brendan fights. I believe his hockey skills are plenty, just like his four time champion dad's. We'll know more should he get a sufficient chance. I expect he will.

I've seen most of the Flyer's games lately and I might be becoming a fan. Don't worry, this should be it here. I've tried to ensure it. You all try to be more objective (snot not), blow your noses, and start over if you can.
I suspect here on a Flyers forum, it's blasphemy not to be a die-hard Flyer fan no matter how much you enjoy pissing on them. Sucking is worse though. I'm a bit more rational and can root for who and when I like. I can let loose with a good piss when I need to.

"I don't care about posting, now please enjoy my 5000 word essay."

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Most of you here are quite dumb. Jaded and should be hating yourselves for not controlling your stupid addiction. You are followers and Klink is your leader. I'm smart because I read just a little on hockey forums and post much less. I get the tanking thing, and ripping, and hating GMs. I learned I to root for the players while being indifferent about winning. Losing became easy depending on the time, as easy as it is for the lousy player, but fortunately I move on easier and don't go back needlessy. It's what bad ownership, wokeism, and the suckups will do to you. I like the large majority of players, and hockey itself, so I stay interested.

As a fan, or even as a player, you can't change anything about the draft. Players have to play their best, except for the fat ones. I've been watching the Flyers lately and I don't see fat ones. Torts may be the best for that. You often don't have to get # 1 or # 2 to get the best player - although not true for this year, but the current players can't give a damn. Nor should Torts.

The Kings and every team have gotten rid of an untold number of players (for nothing) that went on to be very good elsewhere. Do you geniuses think the players who play huge minutes necessarily deserve it? Or that minutes tell you the worth of a player or how much that player costs? Just as often it's because they have the highest salaries - they're overpaid for sure. Number one goalies get overplayed. The team suffers- most teams actually. They have players that would be quite good, but aren' because they don't play enough. The more good players a team has, the more likely it is to be a champion. One or two top players don't make a team.

I've always been someone who likes a team with a lot of grit. You can't win by playing smart without a significant gritty part. One thing I've always seen in the Flyers is grit. Not being a Flyer fan, they were still always a good team to watch because they made the game interesting, fun to watch. They always seemed to have one or two players right on the edge. One of the least boring teams in the league on a consistent basis. You should appreciate Deslauriers if you're smart. He's fun to watch and a good hockey player.

Why did the Kings trade Lemieux? I believe many on the Kings, many in management, believe he is a very good hockey player. I've heard them say it beyond their usual suckup modes. I've seen him play and I think he is good. But he's gotten hurt the last two years (same injury) and now that's a real concern. It should be the only concern. The Kings like most teams say they roll four lines when they don't, so those players usually don't get a chance to get better, let alone be good. Given that Lemieux fights, it disrupts playing time too. I'm not going to apologize for liking an occasional fight even when it ain't the best for the fighter. The Kings needed to get rid of at least one player because they didn't have a place to put put them. The player I think they would have traded, if not Lemieux, is Grundstrom (also a LW). Grundstrom is a young improving player and he was very good in the playoffs last year. That and possibly because he's a Swede are reasons for not trading him. The Kings have a few Swedes.

The Kings are quite happy with themselves, after many years of botchism. Blake finally got lucky and acquired Fiala, Arvidsson, and DeNault. Kopitar got older so the coach is now excused for not foolishly playing him 23 minutes a games and he's now a better player. Doughty still plays too many minutes but he's not as bad as he's been because he concentrates on defense. The Kings are coming out of a rebuild and young players have arrived and are arriving. Goalie no longer seems a concern. Things are going well so they know they will be giving up riches. They have skill, but I think they may be cheating on grit.

I do not believe they wanted MacEwen, nor do I believe they want to play him. It's all my opinion but I do not believe they wanted to trade Lemieux now except that it was too hard not to play him and they have a surplus a highly worthy players, and they mistreat their fourth line anyway. Most of their young players are their own high draft picks which are now being favored. They look bad to give up on the wrong one of those. It wouldn't have mattered that Lemieux is a LW even though they do have too many LWs, just like the Flyers. Like I said, I don't believe they wanted MacEwen. Blake does do some good things for players. I actually hate him, but he is good to friends. I believe he tried to get Brendan to a place where he could play. The Flyers weren't smart enough to make the trade without the 5r draft pick and Blake was smart enough to not fool around with things that don't matter. The Kings have an excess of players.

I did not know or suspect that Brendan was Claude's son until he'd been a King for several months. The reason for that is - I never heard it stated and I assumed I would have heard it if it was. I was a Claude Lemieux fan, especially when he played with the Avalanche. I watched live his two bad hits (in the infamous series) including the devastating one to Chris Draper. Chris Draper was considered a grinder but he was a terrific and key player for the Wings. This cemented Claude's reputation but in all the many other games I saw Claude play, he was not a dirty player, rather a very good one. Disagree all you want, of course Colonel Klink will, I only know what I saw. Many of Claude's biggest opponents are friends and respect him. I don't know that he's royalty, but he has a lot of friends in today's hockey. As a player, if he would have wanted to fight, it wouldn't have changed your attitude, nor helped his career. But perhaps that's why Brendan fights. I believe his hockey skills are plenty, just like his four time champion dad's. We'll know more should he get a sufficient chance. I expect he will.

I've seen most of the Flyer's games lately and I might be becoming a fan. Don't worry, this should be it here. I've tried to ensure it. You all try to be more objective (snot not), blow your noses, and start over if you can.
I suspect here on a Flyers forum, it's blasphemy not to be a die-hard Flyer fan no matter how much you enjoy pissing on them. Sucking is worse though. I'm a bit more rational and can root for who and when I like. I can let loose with a good piss when I need to.

Which of you is this it's so good.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Shirty Lemieux

Apr 1, 2023
Which of you is this it's so good.
I've blasted Nixon before but never the apparent larger part of the forum. Although there may be a lot of quieter people here that can agree with much of what I wrote, and like the info opinion. There are a lot of smart fans that like hockey so it's easy to get over-addicted to forums for awhile (which makes me dumb - your answer - If only I could read and post infrequently it'd be great, but I can't). I'm thankful for the (usually just a few) that I don't like because they're the cure for my problem. Hockey is great though. I'll watch the Flyers for the last few games because so far (the last several) have kept my interest.

Shirty Lemieux

Apr 1, 2023
It's funny then that I think I read you clearly - the problem might be on your end?

However, maybe I'm misunderstanding you - it's fuzzy, but when I look at it, I see it.

What we got here is quantum entanglement. Perhaps. But then Einstein would have to be mistaken.

• Haha
Reactions: Danko and Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Greer just boarded Sanheim with Deslauriers and Hathaway on the ice, because protection isn't real and NHL players aren't afraid of each other.
I’ve seen casual fans still have meltdowns on Twitter when someone mentions this. They’re completely brainwashed.

The Broad Street Bullies are the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad