Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade (Update signs 1 year/875k deal with leafs)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I could care less, does anyone think it’s a good idea to have someone on the team that doesn’t want to be here? If a fair trade exists I’d move him in a New York minute……..

I don’t really want him back either. But the trade will have to be at a time and value that benefits the Leafs.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don’t really want him back either. But the trade will have to be at a time and value that benefits the Leafs.
Columbus moved on from Laine quickly, didn’t have that lingering around the team……..

Reactions: ToneDog

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Robo needs to drop his request.

-Issued by resident jellyfish James Mirtle.

Last edited:

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Trade him to Calgary. They seem to be shopping Kadri now. As much as Kadri is loved, and hated, by many on here, It would be really interesting to see how he would fit with this roster. Give Calgary Robertson and a future pick, have them retain some salary to make it fit.

Of course, we know Kadri doesn't think to highly of many in Leafs management, but maybe a chance to play for the cup will have him put that behind him?

"You have Nazem Kadri, who they are willing to trade," Pagnotta said. "Kadri has a no-movement clause, (but) my understanding is he would be willing to go 'a little bit more East,' not necessarily back home to Toronto, but somewhere in that vicinity."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ULF_55 and ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think the fact that Nylander put pen to paper for 6 and 8 year extensions would suggest that he does in fact want to stay.
Why wouldn’t he after inking a deal no other team would have matched? Remember they apparently shopped him and didn’t like the offers, ergo not highly respected by other teams……

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why wouldn’t he after inking a deal no other team would have matched? Remember they apparently shopped him and didn’t like the offers, ergo not highly respected by other teams……

Whatever you think of Nylander, the guy has committed 17 years of his career to Toronto from ELC to a 6 year deal to an 8 year deal, which is about as opposite as you can get from requesting a trade and refusing to sign.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Unless he plans on playing in Europe or sitting out, he might as well sign. Leafs will match an OS. He’d be stupid to sit out given where he is currently on the development curve.

Mike4Leafs4ever

Feb 22, 2020
The Leafs can not give in to this guy by trading him. It will send a huge negative message to all of our other RFA's that they can leave just by demanding a trade. He signs and plays or he sits/plays in Europe. Do not trade him unless it is a major overpayment. A fair trade hurts us too much with other RFA's.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm lots of teams were interested but probably not that interested.

Having another Top 10 forward isn't a bad thing.
No other team put forth a fair deal because they obviously didn’t think he was worth it, top ten forwards are supposed to be highly coveted yet nothing but crickets from other teams wanting Styles…….

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm lots of teams were interested but probably not that interested.

Having another Top 10 forward isn't a bad thing.

Or simply what the Leafs were looking for wasn't offered. If for example the Leafs wanted a top pairing D man and other teams were only offering picks/prospects then it's harder to find a deal.

Reactions: ULF_55

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Or simply what the Leafs were looking for wasn't offered. If for example the Leafs wanted a top pairing D man and other teams were only offering picks/prospects then it's harder to find a deal.
If Styles was as good as people think there would be a line around the block to acquire him, sadly he’s not and there isn’t……..

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Just f***ing trade him.

Who cares why he asked for a trade. He asked for a trade. He's not good enough to beg him to reconsider.

Grant him his wish and get rid of him.

He's a locker room cancer. This is the second time he's asked for a trade. That's two times too many.

If someone doesn't want to be here nobody should want him here.

I see no reason to keep this always hurt one trick pony around. Trade him for peanuts, let him go to Europe, or waive him for San Jose. Who really cares what happens to this soon to be ex Leaf.

Just get him off the team already.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Just f***ing trade him.

Who cares why he asked for a trade. He asked for a trade. He's not good enough to beg him to reconsider.

Grant him his wish and get rid of him.

He's a locker room cancer. This is the second time he's asked for a trade. That's two times too many.

If someone doesn't want to be here nobody should want him here.

I see no reason to keep this always hurt one trick pony around. Trade him for peanuts, let him go to Europe, or waive him for San Jose. Who really cares what happens to this soon to be ex Leaf.

Just get him off the team already.
Agreed, other than the cancer thing (has that been confirmed) and trading him for peanuts (why give him away)…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad