Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
This is a no lose situation.

Either he gets claimed and his 2.5 million is gone giving them cap space to add at the deadline.

Or he goes to the taxi squad and becomes an option in case of injury.

If your forward group is deep enough to have Nick Ritchie as a potential Taxi squad option that's not a bad thing

2.5 mill on the taxi squad is a bad thing.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
so when you saw pkgs like Ritche+Amirov+1st you thought Ritche was the center piece? or is my sarcasm detector broken?

i don’t understand why it’s hard to grasp that the leafs are right against the cap so when people include Ritchie in deals it’s because they need to move money out. He’s never been the center piece in a deal

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I could see the Devils possibly making a claim. We have zero size on the wings. I don’t want him but can see it as a slight possibility .

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
This is a no lose situation.

Either he gets claimed and his 2.5 million is gone giving them cap space to add at the deadline.

Or he goes to the taxi squad and becomes an option in case of injury.

If your forward group is deep enough to have Nick Ritchie as a potential Taxi squad option that's not a bad thing

absolutely. having to waive your high profile $2.5m two year signing from this summer after less than 40 games is a no lose situation.

way to not lose.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's odd, in the pre-season he showed a lot of nice touches and scored on some great hand-eye plays, then he literally never did it again.

I think he still has the potential to bounce back though.

Reactions: Ciao

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would you guys do that? Turris been that bad this year?

most games you don't even know he's playing until his line gets scored on. The dictionary definition of a non-factor.

and we have to start giving Tippett's toys away. He had Turris on the powerplay last night over Puljujarvi and Yamamoto and he does nonsense shit like promote Devin Shore to the 2nd line with RNH out. Absolute f***ing nonsense.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Wow. Nice post. Impressive you had those stats.

There have been so many notable names waived, but not claimed, to the surprise of some, that it made sense to tally it. There's no reason to think a veteran player is more attractive on waivers than via a trade for future considerations, particularly those on multi-year contracts.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad