Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
most games you don't even know he's playing until his line gets scored on. The dictionary definition of a non-factor.

and we have to start giving Tippett's toys away. He had Turris on the powerplay last night over Puljujarvi and Yamamoto and he does nonsense shit like promote Devin Shore to the 2nd line with RNH out. Absolute f***ing nonsense.

If Holland had any stones he'd sack the coach instead

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Don't say we ( Bruins) fans didn't warn you, unfortunately Ritchie just dosen't have the passion/intensity required to play in the NHL.
Definitely see what you guys are saying. He COULD be a good player. He hits, fights… and then stands around a lot. His skating is not great and he can’t even bury in-front of the net. Offensively he does nothing for us, defensively he isn’t good. He takes dumb penalties at times.

he doesn’t have a knack and touch around the net to be JVR lite and he can’t tip pucks that well either. He should be able to collect 15-20 goals 30 -40 points by being down low but he can’t. He also has a low shot iq

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Leafs fans this summer telling Bruins fans how successful he was going to be in his role with them and not wanting to listen to us when we said he’d mostly do nothing>>>>>

and I kinda liked him because he’d occasionally get angry and be a force. But god damn nobody has ever left me wanting more than him. He’s clearly got decent hands. He can be a physical monster. Just has no interest bringing it night in and night out

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Great signing to get a guy like bunting for cheap, only to use that savings to get a garbage player in Ritchie.
It didn’t work out, but a missing on 2 year/2.5 signing isn’t shocking and it’s not a devastating anchor contract. They can’t all be winners, you just need to avoid to crushing larger bad deals.

You can only find so many nifty bargains in an off-season, other guys will prove that they ended up available cheap for a good reason.

Reactions: Ciao

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Can't see any team claiming him at that price with another year left on his contract. Plus according to CF his actual salary for next season is higher than his 2.5m caphit. His salary is 1.7m this season and rises to 3.3m next season.

Mar 26, 2010
Can't afford his cap hit, which is why I suggested sending Turris your way (1 year at 1.65)
Don’t want Turris unless it is for a buy out purpose. There is no roster spot for Turris in Toronto anyway.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
we're absolutely screaming for it here. Tippett gets circles coached around him every night. Hell Jeremy Colliton handed him his ass in the play in round and Chicago canned him for being useless. I'd kill for useless compared to Tippett.

I hope he gets **** canned for you guys, McDrai playing playoff games makes the league better

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ritchie, Virtanen, Dal Colle. A lot of busts in the top 10 or so of that draft. At least Sam Bennett looks to have finally hit his stride and at least become a good player.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It's not a cap dump if you're not paying extra to dump it.
Are you just being daft for the hell of it? The cap has been in place since 2005. Players have been getting included in trades to make the cap balance since then. This isn't some new thing and if anyone thinks Ritchie was the centerpiece of a proposal with the Leafs 1st and/or top prospect I question their intelligence.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Leafs fans this summer telling Bruins fans how successful he was going to be in his role with them and not wanting to listen to us when we said he’d mostly do nothing>>>>>

and I kinda liked him because he’d occasionally get angry and be a force. But god damn nobody has ever left me wanting more than him. He’s clearly got decent hands. He can be a physical monster. Just has no interest bringing it night in and night out
Kase has looked pretty damn good. Would probably look better in the Bruins lineup than Foligno.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
It didn’t work out, but a missing on 2 year/2.5 signing isn’t shocking and it’s not a devastating anchor contract. They can’t all be winners, you just need to avoid to crushing larger bad deals.

You can only find so many nifty bargains in an off-season, other guys will prove that they ended up available cheap for a good reason.

Kase and Bunting's play make up for this bad deal - hope he finds his way elsewhere as he was gripping the stick way too much here.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Are you just being daft for the hell of it? The cap has been in place since 2005. Players have been getting included in trades to make the cap balance since then. This isn't some new thing and if anyone thinks Ritchie was the centerpiece of a proposal with the Leafs 1st and/or top prospect I question their intelligence.

Fascinating.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I got called a hater for telling it like it is once again. As I said when the Leafs signed him:

"He's not talented enough for the top-6, not good enough defensively for the 3rd line and not energetic enough for the 4th line." The guy is just an awful puck possession player, it dies on his stick constantly.

I was told by @missingchicklet that "Cassidy's system 100 percent is not oriented toward a guy like Ritchie. That's basic."

Cassidy got more out of him than any coach he's ever had and he was still useless.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad