Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

64 is not a bad number > but most will end up in AHL, CHL or Europe.

If we can continue to grow this number I believe we can be around 20 stable NHL skaters in few years. But no more flops like Zadina or Kaut please lol.
Good news is we have a decent core

Pasta, Zacha and Necas
Hronek and gudas
Pick any 3 of our NHL goalies (I have dostal on top)

But yes.. it sucks.

Dream is that Kulich and jiricek are full time. And one other guy would be nice from that group.. Spacek, svozil, brabenec, novak, raska, mysak.

Then we have the non elite guys that I hope make their NHL clubs... Jenik, blumel, klapka, Zboril, Kral, stezka, patera, Pavel, Ivan, Marcel, rousek.

And then we sit and wait for a bunch of first and 2nd rounders to not flop.lol

Lauko should be full time.
Vladar has a great opportunity to play 40 games

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Good news is we have a decent core

Pasta, Zacha and Necas
Hronek and gudas
Pick any 3 of our NHL goalies (I have dostal on top)

But yes.. it sucks.

Dream is that Kulich and jiricek are full time. And one other guy would be nice from that group.. Spacek, svozil, brabenec, novak, raska, mysak.

Then we have the non elite guys that I hope make their NHL clubs... Jenik, blumel, klapka, Zboril, Kral, stezka, patera, Pavel, Ivan, Marcel, rousek.

And then we sit and wait for a bunch of first and 2nd rounders to not flop.lol

Lauko should be full time.
Vladar has a great opportunity to play 40 games
Sadly I think guys like Novak, Raska, Mysak, Jenik, Zboril, Pavel etc. have like 1% chance to crack NHL on more regular basis.

Out of those you didnt mention I will add Sale, Sapovaliv, Rychlovsky, Chmelar, A.Jiricek, Jecho, Suchanek, Dvorak, Fibigr, Galvas - those are the ones I think have a real chance, some of them are still very young though

And then of course you have guys like Becher, Szturc, Melovsky, Port, Stancl, Curran, Milota, Hovorka etc. with small chance, but some may get in there.

And still I think we have the best yet to come with the drafts 25-27 looking stacked as hell for our standards.

Czech hockey is in the most ridiculous place right now lol. On the one hand, gold with seniors, back to back medals with U20, U18 f***ing up WCH but destroying Hlinkas lately, all the youth teams seem to be doing well. Best results in drafts in like forever with arguably the best ones yet to come.

Yet at the same time we are looking for 13-14 regular skaters in NHL this season, with more and more players droping. We are not even being invited to that NHL tourney cause we cant put together a full NHL squad anymore. All out top prospects in the last 7 years completey floped and our last NHL regulars remain Necas and Chytil from 2017 draft which is terryfing lol.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sadly I think guys like Novak, Raska, Mysak, Jenik, Zboril, Pavel etc. have like 1% chance to crack NHL on more regular basis.

Out of those you didnt mention I will add Sale, Sapovaliv, Rychlovsky, Chmelar, A.Jiricek, Jecho, Suchanek, Dvorak, Fibigr, Galvas - those are the ones I think have a real chance, some of them are still very young though

And then of course you have guys like Becher, Szturc, Melovsky, Port, Stancl, Curran, Milota, Hovorka etc. with small chance, but some may get in there.

And still I think we have the best yet to come with the drafts 25-27 looking stacked as hell for our standards.

Czech hockey is in the most ridiculous place right now lol. On the one hand, gold with seniors, back to back medals with U20, U18 f***ing up WCH but destroying Hlinkas lately, all the youth teams seem to be doing well. Best results in drafts in like forever with arguably the best ones yet to come.

Yet at the same time we are looking for 13-14 regular skaters in NHL this season, with more and more players droping. We are not even being invited to that NHL tourney cause we cant put together a full NHL squad anymore. All out top prospects in the last 7 years completey floped and our last NHL regulars remain Necas and Chytil from 2017 draft which is terryfing lol.
Yup.. all of this.

I will add a positive.. Extraliga looks solid! Some good young players and some great vets.

And don't forget Vrana.. in a totally different space.lol. Is he an NHLer or a euro guy or a early retirement.lol.

Oh... Another positive! I read that chytil is fully cleared to resume! He is one of our best IMO.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Yup.. all of this.

I will add a positive.. Extraliga looks solid! Some good young players and some great vets.

And don't forget Vrana.. in a totally different space.lol. Is he an NHLer or a euro guy or a early retirement.lol.

Oh... Another positive! I read that chytil is fully cleared to resume! He is one of our best IMO.
And 10 years from now, the only guys that will not flop and are going to be NHL regulars are going to be some crazy names like Myšák and Měchura, imagine that. Complete horror.

Reactions: Czechboy

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I

Classic! Just as I praise the Extraliga for not sucking. I'd prefer CHL if this is the plan. My understanding is his last shift was at minute 45 and he sat the rest of the game. That should really help him!lol
Ye, it sucks but I think he is just not really good enough yet to get good minutes in extraliga (maybe at kladno lol)
Nothing wrong with that but that is why he is going to CHL

Classic! Just as I praise the Extraliga for not sucking. I'd prefer CHL if this is the plan. My understanding is his last shift was at minute 45 and he sat the rest of the game. That should really help him!lol
And no extraliga does not suck lol I think this is an indicator on how extraliga has actually improved few years ago on some teams he would have been 2nd line lol.
Does it suck for youth development i guess so but that is why he is going to Canada

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I

Ye, it sucks but I think he is just not really good enough yet to get good minutes in extraliga (maybe at kladno lol)

And no extraliga does not suck lol I think this is an indicator on how extraliga has actually improved few years ago on some teams he would have been 2nd line lol.
Does it suck for youth development i guess so but that is why he is going to Canada
I think the Extraliga is. Pretty terrible spot for U20 players. Was hoping that's improve. Glad he's leaving.

But I do think Extraliga is becoming quite good. Guess we will see how the U20 guys do with minutes.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I think the Extraliga is. Pretty terrible spot for U20 players. Was hoping that's improve. Glad he's leaving.

But I do think Extraliga is becoming quite good. Guess we will see how the U20 guys do with minutes.
Like I said before I think Extraliga passed Liiga in my opinion

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I

If you have a round 1 or maybe even a top 10 potential prospect and give him 7minutes, then you are an idiot and you cant wonder why he wants to rather play in CHL 20mins a game with solid PP time.

There are other guys getting bigger minutes like Galvas and Mrtka or Sikora sure, but that Novotny example is very weird so far. Also Hradec is a merc club always relying more on veterans. Not really a good club in ELH to play when you are U20 and more so U18

So if there are any rumours or even done deal for Novotny to play in CHL, then I say go for it ... he wont play in Hradec and CHL is much better for him then Czech U20 league

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Like I said before I think Extraliga passed Liiga in my opinion
It'd be close for sure now! They are better with the young kids. Heck, a lot of our best U20 Euro's are in their leauge. None of theirs come to us. But if we are talking club vs club.. I do think the top clubs like Sparta/Trinec/Dynamo's could compete with pretty much anyone in Europe right now. Back to back Spengler Cup finals too! We were getting killed at that tourney for years.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
If you have a round 1 or maybe even a top 10 potential prospect and give him 7minutes, then you are an idiot and you can't wonder why he wants to rather play in CHL 20mins a game with solid PP time.

There are other guys getting bigger minutes like Galvas and Mrtka or Sikora sure, but that Novotny example is very weird so far. Also Hradec is a merc club always relying more on veterans. Not really a good club in ELH to play when you are U20 and more so U18

So if there are any rumors or even done deal for Novotny to play in CHL, then I say go for it ... he won't play in Hradec and CHL is much better for him then Czech U20 league
Ye, I want him to go CHL that was kind of my point in posting this lol
It'd be close for sure now! They are better with the young kids. Heck, a lot of our best U20 Euro's are in their leauge. None of theirs come to us. But if we are talking club vs club.. I do think the top clubs like Sparta/Trinec/Dynamo's could compete with pretty much anyone in Europe right now. Back to back Spengler Cup finals too! We were getting killed at that tourney for years.
There are 2 reasons why young Finnish internationals don't come to Czech
1 They have a better Devlopment system then us (League wise)
2 Liiga does not have an import limit while Extraliga does (It is 6) that is why if you look at some Clubs in Liiga almost half of their players are not even Finnish. In Czech if you are bringing an import, you are bringing in a proven player (with a high league experience) not a young international

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ye, I want him to go CHL that was kind of my point in posting this lol

There are 2 reasons why young Finnish internationals don't come to Czech
1 They have a better Devlopment system then us (League wise)
2 Liiga does not have an import limit while Extraliga does (It is 6) that is why if you look at some Clubs in Liiga almost half of their players are not even Finnish. In Czech if you are bringing an import, you are bringing in a proven player (with a high league experience) not a young international
Thanks for that. It explains it a bit more. But Extraliga still sucks with youth and I do believe if they ever embrace that.. everything will get better.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Thanks for that. It explains it a bit more. But Extraliga still sucks with youth and I do believe if they ever embrace that.. everything will get better.
Not just extraliga though. Our youth system needs to be changed. Also, a strength of the Finnish is a 2nd league focused on youth development our 2nd League is just like the extraliga but like 10x worse in quality lol. But I think the old head culture needs to change it is holding us back. I think I saw somewhere that extraliga is the oldest (by far) out of all elite Europe leagues, I do hope extraliga keeps getting better though (quality wise).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not just extraliga though. Our youth system needs to be changed. Also, a strength of the Finnish is a 2nd league focused on youth development our 2nd League is just like the extraliga but like 10x worse in quality lol. But I think the old head culture needs to change it is holding us back. I think I saw somewhere that extraliga is the oldest (by far) out of all elite Europe leagues, I do hope extraliga keeps getting better though (quality wise)
Yup.. agree with all of it.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Also, I have no idea on how to make the extraliga younger.
I know DEL (Germany) you must have 2 U20 German Players but those guys play even less then Novotny lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, I have no idea on how to make the extraliga younger.
I know DEL (Germany) you must have 2 U20 German Players but those guys play even less then Novotny lol
Instead of signing shitty old veterans.. incorporate strong young players. And 2nd league should be U23 with only a few over 23 allowed per team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad