Player Discussion: Nick Perbix

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
14mins a night, 5 games 3 assists, +3 for for 1.1M, trade him we there are obviously much better options for the price according to half of you :laugh: Yeah he doesn't hit but he's a great at skating the puck out and makes good reads, pair him with Moser on in his natural position and we have a strong complimentary pairing right there.

Perbix was fine in his role last year for his price and far exceeding his value this year, Raddysh who's primary role is offense and plays on the top PP unit has 1 point 5 games while bleeding goals against.

Last edited:

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
14mins a night, 5 games 3 assists, +3 for for 1.1M, trade him we there are obviously much better options for the price according to half of you :laugh: Yeah he doesn't hit but he's a great at skating the puck out and makes good reads, pair him with Moser on in his natural position and we have a strong complimentary pairing right there.

Perbix was fine in his role last year for his price and far exceeding his value this year, Raddysh who's primary role is offense and plays on the top PP unit has 1 point 5 games while bleeding goals against.
Half of us? He was "fine" last year when he had a noticeable drop off from his prior year?

I wasn't in a hurry to trade him off because we need serviceable guys on affordable contracts. But it was hardly unreasonable to think the team should move on from him. I'm hoping he gets back to his rookie season level, but it's early to be crowing (not that it's ever good form) when he hasn't even been able to stay in the lineup consistently to this point.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Half of us? He was "fine" last year when he had a noticeable drop off from his prior year?

I wasn't in a hurry to trade him off because we need serviceable guys on affordable contracts. But it was hardly unreasonable to think the team should move on from him. I'm hoping he gets back to his rookie season level, but it's early to be crowing (not that it's ever good form) when he hasn't even been able to stay in the lineup consistently to this point.

So how does having a drop off from a great rookie year mean he was terrible like you were insinuating? By all metrics he was more than "fine" unless you think you can find an upgrade for a similar price it's absolutely unreasonable. For all the guys who wanted him gone I'd love to hear your ideas for replacements for the same price.

How is 24 ES points and +8 from a 3rd pairing defenseman who plays 15mins a night supposed to be terrible? You have selective memory, he had a rough start last year as did the rest of the team but finished strong as his numbers suggest.

Last edited:

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
So how does having a drop off from a great rookie year mean he was terrible like you were insinuating? By all metrics he was more than "fine".

How is 24 ES points and +8 from a 3rd pairing defenseman who plays 15mins a night supposed to be terrible? You have selective memory, he had a rough start last year as did the rest of the team but finished strong as his numbers suggest.
I don't think any reasonable person would conclude I was saying he was "terrible". If you have to contort the meaning of what you're replying to, maybe don't bother.

Anyone reading this please reply who needed "metrics" to see Perbix had a sophomore slump or noticeable drop off compared to his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad