Proposal: Nichuskin for Kakko

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
Avs are between a rock and a hard place with Nuke.

It sucks, but IMO people are delusional if they think management is going to wait and hope for the best here. The risk is too great. I hope I'm wrong and it works out for everyone (Nuke esp.) but he's lost all faith from the org. IMO

And if he does come back to the lineup they will need to shed cap somewhere. Colton has a NTC and will be hard to replace, maybe Girard but that's a big loss too without someone to fill in. Maybe they pay to move Wood but it won't be easy. A lot hinges on Landeskog I suppose.
I think the Avs will absolutely actively make sure Nichushkin doesn't mess it up this time round. The time to unload the contract was before free agency, so they could make a play on a player, not now and sell for way below market value.

The best play at this point is to go forward with Nichushkin. I think he is one of the most dynamic, gamebreaking players in the game when he's on form. He was a huge reason they won the cup, and they were rolling with him in the lineup last year.

If he screws up again, the contract is terminated (I'm pretty sure) and they'll just have to reload for the following year. But the best value play is to let the process play out, not sell low just to create cap space for nobody.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
no one on the HF mains is going to offer anything reasonably discussion worthy until Nuke is at least back and playing.
That AAV is too big a gamble for a contender IMO anyway.
No one in the real NHL is going to offer anything reasonably discussion worthy until Nuke is at least back and playing.

Reactions: AslanRH

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Rangers say no and hang up the phone.

Sorry Avs fans, you’re stuck with that contract for the time being. At least Nuke helped you win a cup. He can also turn his life around and help your team going forward. It would be a great story. Hoping for the best for him.

Reactions: Dijock94

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I’d do it….. he’ll relapse and fail a drug test here after the 1st week though.
Hookers and blow are in every city.
In NY, you can get anything you want at 3-4am just as easily as you can at 12 in the afternoon.
Dangerous place for a kid with a drug problem and millions of dollars to spend.
Ny and Vegas are the 2 worst possible places for him to be imo

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Buy low or he isn’t available. Nuke is a plus value compared to salary, imo well worth the risk. JMO

Wonder what kind of skeletons you have in your closet.
I don't care, he's getting paid millions of dollars to chase a rubber puck, he has life on easy mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad