Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] F Beckett Sennecke signs ELC with the Ducks (3 years, $975k AAV)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He's still a kid, quite visibly so. I am interested to see what he's able to accomplish when he actually develops into a mature body.

That is my big takeaway from seeing him off ice as well, still so young and has all kinds of physical projection left. He's very clearly working with an advanced offensive mind and some slick skill. You just don't see many guys with that reach who can dangle with the puck on a string. Add that to the fact he can very likely top around 6'4 215+ and you can see what the Ducks are shooting for here.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They could do something better than fold it. Take advantage of the 100% ticket sellouts and market success of the Kings and change them to the.....Los Angeles Ducks. LAD. Wait, that wont work, thats a baseball team. No, the Los Angeles Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. LAMDA.

Genius eh?
tenor.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would think one year in the OHL, and then one year in San Diego and then has a chance to crack the NHL? Really no rush to be honest.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Would think one year in the OHL, and then one year in San Diego and then has a chance to crack the NHL? Really no rush to be honest.

He's not AHL eligible for another two seasons. Will have to make that tough call of NHL or back to OHL in his D+2 (2025/26). Maybe they follow the same plan they've used in recent years, keep him with the NHL club and drag out a 9 game trial long enough until it's time to loan him to WJC camp (can send him down to the AHL for a few games on a "conditioning stint" in there as well). Then you're into the new year 2026 before you decide whether he's staying with the NHL club for the season or returning to finish his junior eligibility for one last partial season. They did this with McTavish D+1 and Luneau last year D+2, to avoid just assigning them back to junior for the entire season. Zegras was handled sort of similarly D+2 except he was AHL eligible coming from college.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They could do something better than fold it. Take advantage of the 100% ticket sellouts and market success of the Kings and change them to the.....Los Angeles Ducks. LAD. Wait, that wont work, thats a baseball team. No, the Los Angeles Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. LAMDA.

Genius eh?
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to me have been mentally relocated to purgatory until they get a new owner. Sucks the old Athletics vs Angels rivalry is gonna be dead soon, however part of me is interested to see if Beane finally starts spending to keep their own players instead of trading them & trying to win when they are in Vegas like the other Vegas teams have.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's not AHL eligible for another two seasons. Will have to make that tough call of NHL or back to OHL in his D+2 (2025/26). Maybe they follow the same plan they've used in recent years, keep him with the NHL club and drag out a 9 game trial long enough until it's time to loan him to WJC camp (can send him down to the AHL for a few games on a "conditioning stint" in there as well). Then you're into the new year 2026 before you decide whether he's staying with the NHL club for the season or returning to finish his junior eligibility for one last partial season. They did this with McTavish D+1 and Luneau last year D+2, to avoid just assigning them back to junior for the entire season. Zegras was handled sort of similarly D+2 except he was AHL eligible coming from college.
I can't help but think that is a good thing, in his case. He is clearly not even close to being filled out, and may add on another inch or so. You can see that he is still stumbling over his feet, and that other parts of his coordination betrays him at times due to his gaining 5" + in height over the past two years. It may well be that he is running over players like Lindros jr. in year two, but would that be a bad thing?

ANA fans just have to stay patient. You picked this guy because of what you think he will be 4-5 years from now, not 1-2. Boldy looked similar in his awkwardness early on, though Sennecke is already bigger, and has grown faster and more. It takes a while to grow out of the baby giraffe legs. Boldy used to get knocked down by AHL players, or just fall down on his own. Now he is knocking down NHL players.

Reactions: lwvs84

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Damn, was hoping Montreal would sign him.

On a serious boat for me personally I was fine with the Habs getting Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke at 5.

If he doesn't make it as a star, I think his floor is a better Armia with more speed

Armia is a big boy who can cycle well, has really nice hands and very good on the pk.

That's as a he doesn't develop well.

It sucks he can't go to the AHL after this up coming season, but Marner didn't really need to go back to the O, crushed it and he's still a very good winger, so I can't imagine that extra year will hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad